2007 highlander hybrid new design comming out

Old 08-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 highlander hybrid new design comming out

Originally Posted by JOE540CI
There is a lot of talk on hybrid.com about the 08 highlander (new design) due out in march 07. ButI have yet to see a actual picture of one. If anyone comes across a new pic please post it...JOE
Hybrid.com appears to be an advertising only site without any forums or discussions of any kind, so I'm curious as to what you are referring to in your post.

Additionally, Toyota may be delaying some model releases according to this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14511477/

Last edited by chucko; 08-25-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Enthusiast

according to autoweek.com:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...73254866713077

"RAV4: The redesigned 2007 model debuted in spring. The RAV4 grew considerably, crowding the larger Highlander.

Highlander: The redesigned 2008 Highlander will move to the new Avalon platform, which means it will move up in size closer to the Honda Pilot and Ford Explorer."

Old 08-25-2006, 04:17 PM
joe540ci

Chucko my mistake it was hybridcars.com http://www.hybridcars.com/discussion...318&replies=10
HybridCars.com Web

HOME

CARS

CULTURE & MARKET

ENVIRONMENT

FUELS

GAS MILEAGE

INCENTIVES & LAWS

OIL DEPENDENCY

TECHNOLOGY

Discussion | Blogs | Newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions
About Us | Site Map | Feedback
About RSS Feed

Copyright 2006 hybridcars.com
Privacy Statement

Hybrid Cars Discussion

Email This Page | Print This Page

Topic: Better to wait for 2007 Highlander?

I'm very unhappy with the way the local SoCal dealers are adding unwanted dealer installed options like leather to make more profit over promised MSRP.

I'm thinking about waiting for the 2007 Highlander Hybrid. Check it out: http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/toyota/highland...

Alan
July 02, 2005

More pics of FT-SX concept that will influence 2007? Highlander?
http://www.automobilemag.com/2007_sneak_preview/05...

Alan
July 09, 2005

Does anyone know when the new FT-SX (2007) Highlander is due to reach the market - beyond what Edmunds says ("Fall 2006")? Thanks.

R. Kay
May 03, 2006

Can anyone confirm when the 2007 Highlander will be on the market?

R. Kay
May 16, 2006

Can anyone advise when the 2007 Ford Escape hybrid will go on the market.

And will there be anything new/different/improved with it?

I'm wondering whether to buy 2006 now or wait for a 2007.

Many tks

David.

David R
May 17, 2006

Most dealers will already have their vehicles by now or very soon and keep them garaged until about Labor Day....and then bring them out....they are announcing some of the new vehicles that are coming now on the news...but not saying they are here yet ...I just asked an old car dealer ;-)

Nelcha
July 12, 2006

Hope they announce the "new" 2007 Highlander soon. Other manufactures are releaseing 2007 products now. Toyota, if in fact the Highlander will, as I suspect, be redesigned, is waiting too long to release it.

Walter
Aug. 01, 2006

The 2007 Highlander is already being produced. There are no major changes announced.Look for it at dealerships in Sept.. Toyota brings out their new cars in March.Look for the new Highlander to come out in March as the all new 2008.

mike
Aug. 11, 2006

does anyone know if the new 2008 highlander will be available as a hybrid?

Lisa Stratton
Aug. 15, 2006

Seems rediculous that they would put out a 2007 model in Sept/Oct then totally redesign and release 2008 in March.

Jason
Aug. 24, 2006

The only pictures of the 08 highlander is of the concept version.Is there any real pic's out yet!!!

joe540ci
Aug. 24, 2006

Old 09-06-2006, 03:54 PM
joe540ci

A post read "Avalon: The redesigned Avalon debuted in spring 2005; no major changes are planned. Does this mean the 2008 highlander (which will use the avalon as its base) will possibily have the same front end ???

Old 09-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 highlander hybrid new design coming out

This is pure speculation, but...

I would not tend to draw any more of a relationship between the styling and front end of the Avalon to the upcoming Highlander than exists between the Camry and the current Highlander. Same frame (mostly) but very different styling.

I keep unsuccessfully trying not to obsess on this myself [but here I go...]. All I can figure is 2 or 3 inches wider, a few inches longer, much more stylish and maybe [/WISHFUL THINKING ON]more room for batteries???[/wishful thinking off]

I'm hoping for a little bit more leg room for driver (I barely fit), 4 cylinder engine (I know, more weight. smaller engine???) and maybe an extra Kilowatt of draw to compensate for smaller ICE. I am just wishing out loud here, but I have read recently about how Toyota is restratifying their hybrid offerings, with Toyota hybrids being higher fuel economy and Lexus being higher performance. I just hope this means Bluetooth and backup cam for Highlander in 4 cylinder (ie. the Prius SUV that many were hoping for from the beginning). If you want performance, spring for the Lexus and the V6 (or bigger?) HSD, and let that factor, not the absence of easily implemented features in the Highlander, differentiate the Lexus.

Oh well... In the meantime I will continue to try to focus more on being grateful for what I have and less on lusting for the next iterative step closer to EV that the 2008 HiHy could represent.

sigh

Old 09-07-2006, 03:41 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rodney12
This is pure speculation, but...with Toyota hybrids being higher fuel economy and Lexus being higher performance. I just hope this means Bluetooth and backup cam for Highlander in 4 cylinder (ie. the Prius SUV that many were hoping for from the beginning). If you want performance, spring for the Lexus and the V6 (or bigger?) HSD, and let that factor, not the absence of easily implemented features in the Highlander, differentiate the Lexus....
For those of us where the closest Lexus dealer is 75-100 miles away I want the Highlander 'Limited' to offer me all the options of the Lexus. Yes the seats won't be as nice and maybe less sound proofing, but at least the options like Bluetooth, Backup camera, engines... etc. I know many people locally that want a Lexus but will not buy one because the dealers are so far away and not local. When something goes wrong, while not that often, trying to get to a dealer that far away and not have to take vacation to get work done is a pain....

Old 09-30-2006, 12:20 PM
joe540ci

The toyota dealer said that I could expect to see 2008 hihy show up early 2007 .Has anyone inquired about a lexus 2008 design change ???

Old 09-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Peak Oil Advocate

I have heard that the 07 HiHy will be the last Toyota Hybrid to go big on horses (268) and performance. From now on Lexus will do that and Toyota will focus on Hybrid economy. JCF

Old 10-11-2006, 03:33 PM
joe540ci

Highlander: The redesigned 2008 Highlander will move to the new Avalon platform, which means it will move up in size closer to the Honda Pilot and Ford Explorer. Still no info or pictures to report on..

Old 10-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Maybe the next reincarnation of the Highlander will be more of a crossover vehicle than a SUV......like a station wagon version of the Avalon with a lower roofline, a slightly higher ground clearance, and a more aero shape for less drag as speed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 highlander hybrid new design comming out

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands