ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default ABS light

My toyota highlander hybrid 2008 has its Brake system warning light (yellow indicator), Anti- lock brake system warning (ABS), Master warning, Brake and slip Indicator turned on. Someone please help. what do i do?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Kyled
Default Re: ABS light

Well it could be a few things, the emergency brake might not be fully released, the sensor might have an issue, but it's probably and indication that your Toyota Highlander's brakes need servicing.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Enthusiast

Am facing the same problems and hoping will get solutions here. In addition my brakes don't work. Engineers at the only reputable dealership here gave codes (a) C1300 skid control ECU undone (2) C1345 linear solenoid valve offset malfunction. ABS actuator replacement was recommended but he won't guarantee success. I love my HH '06 and hope to get answers on this forum.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aigbokhaij
My toyota highlander hybrid 2008 has its Brake system warning light (yellow indicator), Anti- lock brake system warning (ABS), Master warning, Brake and slip Indicator turned on. Someone please help. what do i do?

Pull your OBD codes first to see if something has been set in memory (both ECM and ABS).....likely it has.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

My 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is having the same issue with the ABS system. I was told by the dealer that it needs a new abs accumulator, which will cost approximately $2,100 including parts and labor. Has anyone else had this same issue? Are there any other solutions?

Old 11-26-2013, 05:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smontoyaabq
My 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is having the same issue with the ABS system. I was told by the dealer that it needs a new abs accumulator, which will cost approximately $2,100 including parts and labor. Has anyone else had this same issue? Are there any other solutions?

Does your issue/symptoms look similar to this?

http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/6i0...er-hybrid.html

Occasionally the accumulator does leak internally and requires replacement (can't be fixed, only replaced) but you can certainly find this part either wholesale or used as well. Also www.car-part.com works well for finding which yards might have one if you wanted to go that route and do the work yourself (bit more risk/reward involved).

Old 12-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: ABS light

Thank you for the response. I'll look to see if I can find a used accumulator. Now the dealership told us that we need to replace the actuator as well. This is going to cost an additional $2,400 for the part. In total we're looking at $5K for accumulator, actuator, and labor.

I wish there was a recall for this as I have never had this issue on any other vehicle I have ever owned.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smontoyaabq
Thank you for the response. I'll look to see if I can find a used accumulator. Now the dealership told us that we need to replace the actuator as well. This is going to cost an additional $2,400 for the part. In total we're looking at $5K for accumulator, actuator, and labor.

I wish there was a recall for this as I have never had this issue on any other vehicle I have ever owned.

That sounds like flat out highway robbery (yes the OEM Toyota parts are crazy expensive but I would seriously question both going bad at the same time......usually an either or scenario). I have seen accumulators leak and pumps go bad on other Toyota vehicles so there is a possibility there, but it's never both at the same time (code number usually tells you which one it is). In this case I would definitely go used if you wanted to do both parts at once (look for a vehicle with lower miles and make sure they will provide at least a 30 day warranty in writing!). Try looking on the www.car-part.com website I gave earlier for which yards have a 2008-2009 highlander hybrid in stock and then make a deal on the entire brake assembly (FYI prices are always negotiable especially if you are talking big ticket items like these). Install shouldn't be too bad at all for a general mechanic (or someone with a high level of mechanical skill) but you must have the dealer (or someone with the proper equipment) finish off the brake bleeding as you need to command the ABS open via Toyota's scan tool to get all the air bubbles out of the system (do not drive it until you have done this last step). You should be able to save yourself quite a bit overall though even if you got just bought new Toyota parts.

Get the part numbers for both items from the dealer and post them up, hopefully that way we can find you what you need.......would also be nice to know what exactly was the ABS code error too (should look like C####) in order to better narrow down exactly what was wrong.

Last edited by MTL_HiHy; 12-10-2013 at 06:44 AM.