Bluetooth????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth????

Is Bluetooth phone capability also in the Highlander with Nav?

I know my wife's Prius has it and the RX400H has it, but in looking at my regular owners manual I didn't see it listed. Is it built in the Nav and possibly in that manual (which is home right now)?

Little disappointments keep poping up now that I'm getting to know the HH a little better. The wife's Prius has an ice warning light on the dash and ICE flash's on her Nav unit below 35 degrees that the HH doesn't have. Mind you not that it's really needed, but I would have thought those little things would be on the HH Limited seeing they are on the Prius.

The good news is I have heated seats and she does not

Old 11-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth????

No, it isn't. This is silly because our Prius, a much less expensive car, has it. My Toyota dealer said bluetooth was one of the few features left out of the Highlander to give (some) people a justification for paying $10k more for the Lexus 400h. I use a bluetooth ear piece in the Highlander and it works just fine.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Automania Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: Bluetooth????

Originally Posted by Los Angeles
No, it isn't. This is silly because our Prius, a much less expensive car, has it. My Toyota dealer said bluetooth was one of the few features left out of the Highlander to give (some) people a justification for paying $10k more for the Lexus 400h. I use a bluetooth ear piece in the Highlander and it works just fine.
Figures..... my friend said the very same thing earlier today... "It's probably on the RX because they have to have you justify the the $10+K difference."

Just looked at the wife's manual and came to the same conclusion.

I'll tell you for the sticker price of the Highlander Hybrid Limiteds we should get all the options on the Prius and then some. I debated between the RX and HH and liked the RX better, but it was not worth that additional $10+K, even with the Bluetooth and a back-up camera.

Last edited by Bob259; 11-27-2005 at 02:20 PM.