CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning !!

This morning I turned on ignition and lo behold I get the CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning on the dash display. I had some work at DMV and drove 4 miles with the warning. I did the DMV work in 20 mins and came back and turned on ignition and saw the warning sign again !! I directly took it to Toyota of North Hollywood ..The service person came out and turned on engine and THERE IS NO WARNING ANYMORE !! We tried a couple of times and it never happened. I drove it to work and i did not get the warning....wth is that !!
The other issue I have is CD changer is jammed. The dealer said he will order a new changer and get old one replaced...
Anyone suspect cold temperature? It was cold this morning in LA. The battery display said it was almost full..anyone ?
the car has only 9300 miles on it.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning !!

I had a speed sensor issue that they needed to pull codes out for. The problem is, is that the codes are all stored on the factory CD changer. The day after I purchased my car, I pulled the head unit out and replaced it with in dash dvd. My suggestion is to have the dealer pull out all necessary codes from the head unit before replacing it, just in case the hybrid system decides to act up again.

On another note- My HiHy is in Minnesota. I reckon it get about 80 degrees colder, and I've never had any problems. Best of luck

ciao

Old 04-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks. I am planning to replace the headunit with a Pioneer system too. So what happens in future? where are these error codes stored in case the issue happens again? I am surprised it gets stored on CD changer? Isnt it stored in some ROM memory on a computer chip ?

Old 04-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Enthusiast

also how did they finally pull the codes?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast

I had to reinstall my factory head unit, they pulled the codes, and then my after market was reinstalled. It was a complete pain. Let me preface this by saying though, that the installation of my after market was questionable (read: pretty illegal) allowing me the functionality of the navigation system while the car was moving as well as being able to play DVD's while the vehicle is in motion as well. In order to do this, the speed sensor has this 1.5" screw through it thereby making the system believe that the parking brake is still on.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Enthusiast

Help please!!!!
I bought Toyota Higlander Hybrid 2008. The car was after car accident. We brought it to Minsk and we have got the sign Check Hebryd System. I checked the manual and I found out the information that I have to stop a car and call to the dealer.
What shall I do?
This kind of car is a new for our market and I am not sure, that I will be able to find a professional.
The car came with out accumalater... may be is a reason?
Please give the answer, if you know
Thank you

Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

my highlander hybrid is not starting and check vsc system and check hybrid system is displayed on the dashboard. what could probably be wrong?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

sounds like the 12V battery.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Enthusiast

@chilly. Could the battery be responsible for the check VSC systems and Hybrid systems dat is being displayed and the car not starting?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes. A low 12V battery will trigger those error messages. You should be able to jump start the car and get down to the dealer to check out the battery.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=363234

Quick Reply: CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning !!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands