Disable Intro Screen on Nav?

Old 10-22-2005, 03:47 AM
EMO
HiHy Lover
Default Disable Intro Screen on Nav?

I am hoping there's a way to disable the "I Agree" screen on the nav system. I know it's just a second to hit the I Agree each time but it's annoying after the 100th time!

Thanks.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Disable Intro Screen on Nav?

To my understanding, it's a legal disclaimer that the user is unable to bypass. At least we're able to hit agree and go on driving AND using it at the same time. I don't recall the brand, but there is another Navi system that can only be operated when the car is in park.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:15 AM

If the nav system is the same as the Prius, (there's a good chance it is) you can get a device that takes care of the 'I Agree' button and lets a passenger enter destinations while the vehicle is in motion.

http://coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm

Old 10-24-2005, 06:37 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schwa
If the nav system is the same as the Prius, (there's a good chance it is) you can get a device that takes care of the 'I Agree' button and lets a passenger enter destinations while the vehicle is in motion.

http://coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm
I checked out the link and it looks interesting. The bluetooth would be nice, too. Did you install this on your Prius yourself? Was it easy? I'm not too handy.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:02 AM
EMO
HiHy Lover

Thanks for info on not being able to bypass the OEM NAV screen.

No thanks on the device to allow passengers to enter info. What's to prevent the driver from doing it? I don't even use my cell phone while driving. I think too many people don't take DRIVING seriously. A ton of hurtling metal needs 100% of your attention at ALL times.

Off my soap box now.

EMO

Old 10-24-2005, 09:34 AM

Welcome to America, home of a lawsuit for anything and everything.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:38 AM

I'm sorry, the info I gave was for the HAH. I didn't realize the original question pertained to a Hilander.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

It's there by law, and so is the inability for a passenger to imput data while the vehicle is moving.

I suspect that coming up with an override for that is similar to disabling the air bag, and it will void your warranty or at the very least take away your ability to sue.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:53 PM

Hi All:

___As Bar10dah knows, all Honda NAVI’s can be programmed and manipulated while driving down the road. There is nothing illegal about it. I do believe all Honda NAVI’s are voice command enabled which may work around any such law though …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Last edited by xcel; 10-26-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:03 PM

It's not a law, rather it's Toyota protecting itself from being sued. Your warranty will not be voided by plugging in a device to your nav unit, other than (possibly) the nav unit itself, but since you can remove it without a trace it's not very likely they will ever know about it if you had a problem with it that would be covered under warranty.

As far as what it may be used for (entering data while driving) that is of course up to the user to understand what is safe, and really common sense governs. If you are too stupid to figure out that it's unsafe to play with a touchscreen while you drive then you are definitely in need of the warning and lockout and should not consider bypassing them. Since it's not just a soft option, then I really don't see a problem: you have to be fully aware of what you are doing in order to perform this mod.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Disable Intro Screen on Nav?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands