I may be crazy...... but

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Automania Enthusiast
Default I may be crazy...... but

not as crazy as the dealer thinks I am . The wife likes her Prius so much and I liked the power on the HH I tried so much that I thought I'd see what I could swap my 05 Toyota Tundra Limited, with less than 7K miles, on an 06 HH Limited.

Well the delta they were looking for was $13.8K, plus tax and delivery fees. . Needless to say we will remain a one hybrid family for quite some time. I thought with all the negative articles on the mileage and high pricing they maybe more apt to want to deal. From a year waiting list, they had talked about when announced, they now had two HH Limited's on the lot unspoken for, so sales are not up to what they expected. When I priced a RX400H the delta they quoted me wasn't that much more then for the HH, and the RX has many more options and features.

Oh well..... maybe I just got the 'Oh what a feeling' feeling

Old 10-19-2005, 05:57 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Re: I may be crazy...... but

Well after a week of haggling back and forth we came to an agreed upon price that was far far lower and more in line with what I was expecting. Makes me think now that maybe I should have offered them less

Like any one year trade it wasn't a 'great' deal, but it is what I had originally expected and offered in the begining before the saga started. A deal on a RX400H we looked at may have offered a little more for my trade, but the additional 10K in MSRP made it more than what we wanted to spend.