Michelin Energy LX4 treadlife

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Enthusiast
Default Michelin Energy LX4 treadlife

I have the Michelin Energy LX4 tire on my 06 HH all wheel drive. I noticed that the tires are getting down to the treadwear markers at 30,000 miles?
Is this typical of these tires? I purchased the vehicle new in May of 06.

Lenny

Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Michelin Energy LX4 treadlife

I managed to get 35,000 out of mine. I took them off before the tread marks were even with the tread.

I ran 38 lbs for the duration, and had no appreciable center wear.

I replaced them with the Goodyear Fortrera's.

They are heavier, but have the same diameter, and their max sidewall is 44. (28 vs 32 lbs.)

I am getting basically the same mileage as the michelins with them inflated to max sidewall.

Having said that, there is a new michelin energy latitude tire that is comiing out on the Escape Hybrid for 2009. The press says that all the escapes are getting up to two mpg better mileage on this " break through" design...

The escapes hit the street in July. I can't seem to find any information on the exact tire model, so am waiting to cruise the dealership when they arrive to get the info off the sidewall.

Might be worth holding out until these tires hit the retail stream of things.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

MMOONEY,

I can't beleive how slow the replies are on this site! Must be the summer weather.
Thanks for the feedback. I am surprised no feedback from other owners. If anyone has these tires they will not get much treadwear out of them! Most people probably will not realize it until they go to have their car inpected or they have a flat.

I contacted Michelin with my concerns. They suggested I take the vehicle to an authorized Michelin store, have them inspect the tires then have the store contact Michelin. I took the car to a local Sears automotive center. The tires measured at 4/32 and some at 3/32. We called the Michelin. They seemed to think I should have gotten more mileage also so they gave me 40% off of my next set of Michelin tires. Sounds good but the only tire available is the same LX4. They said the newer latitude will not be out for at least a month or more. I ended up not able to use the credit. I ordered the Goodyear Forteras triple treads form Sears, which are on sale right now, along with a $40.00 mail in rebate from Goodyear. The four tires were 647.96 out the door. I should have them on in a week or so.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Enthusiast

My 2007 highlander came with Goodyears. I'm not sure if Toyota switched between model years, but its possible not many have the Michelins.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Enthusiast

Some of the HH have the Goodyear Integrity and some the Michelin Energy LX4.
Either tire has a minimal treadlife. 20-30k

I had the triple treads put on this morning. I have a scangauge and they apear to have reduced my mileage? Not sure though I am taking a trip this weekend so I can tell better then. Ride is great though, I am not sure about the mileage. Vehicle does not seem to roll as easily?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the triple treads on our highlander.

Wife is getting 27, just driving around. No magic.

I figure I'll get 30. Running 44 in them.

Milage did improve after we wore the **** off the tires and beat them into roundness...

MM

Old 07-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting.
How many miles do you have so far on the HH fortera tires?
I am running at 44 PSI also.
Sounds like I need to wait for the tires wear down according to my driving style. I have about 500 miles on so far.
Do you remember when the your tires reached the breakin point (mileage)

Lenny

Old 07-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to be slow to respond. Busy summer this year.
We probably had to put 1100 miles on the tires before the mileage improved. Petaluma to LA and back, plus a little.

MM

Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast

MMooney
Thanks for the mileage information.
I just returned from a trip from Southeastern, PA to Outer Banks, NC.
I put about 1000 miles on the tires so far. I will be able to tell better on the mileage on my dailly commute because I have small hills on my route to work which I do well to using the electric motors and hyper mile.

Highway mileage on the trip was around 23 MPG driving 70 with AC on med/high. Not great but with AC and luggage etc I guess is expected.

I will know by the end of the week if there is a change.

Lenny

Old 07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Although not a Highlander, my Odyssey has the LX4s on them. At 40K miles, it was time to replace them. I still had a little tread left on most of the tire, but the edges were completely flat.

I did a lot of reading on the internet about the different tire options for my van. However, Honda chose an unusual tire size and I'm limited on what I could get.

I'll copy & paste what I posted in another forum and will hope it helps someone make a better decision when it comes time to replace your tires.

Quick Reply: Michelin Energy LX4 treadlife

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands