Recommended Trailer Hitch for HiHy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Recommended Trailer Hitch for HiHy?

KPez019 and I are looking to outfit her HiHy with a trailer hitch for a bike rack.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what a good hitch would be that fits the Highlander (or a good bike rack for that matter)? Or should we just perhaps leave this to the dealer to do for us?

Thanks!

Rick

Old 09-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Recommended Trailer Hitch for HiHy?

Hi, just got my Hybrid Highlander a few weeks ago. It did not have a hitch or the
towing package. I've found a 3500lb-rated hitch on the internet but I
am stymied by the electrical hookup. In the manual Toyota shows a
wiring harness that is supposed to be under the rear bumper area, but
I can't find it. Has anyone put a hitch on their HH?

Mike
San Antonio

Old 09-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Rick,

I just had a hitch put on our Odyssey and I put a hitch on our HCH. I know neither is your HiHy, but I thought I would pass along the info. The Ody got a hitch at Trucks and Trailers USA. They did a good job, but after I put the hitch on the HCH I would probably do it myself on the Ody next time. I got the hitch for the HCH from etrailers.com.

I also got a bike rack from T n T. It is a Yakima Bighorn 4. It "folds down" so we can get into the back of the Ody, it has two arms and will carry four bikes. It seems to be a good rack so far. I have seen the Yakima racks on sale many times at Dick's Sporting Goods lately so you may be able to get a deal on them.

Billy

Old 09-25-2005, 10:51 AM
SPS
ToyHiHY

I put an aftermarket hitch on my HiHY about 2 mos. ago. It was made by Curt (curtmfg.com) is perfect for a bike hith, well made and well painted. It was around $200 w/o wiring since I'm not towing anyway. Best value, best looks!