Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Ah... the first post

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Site Founder
Default Ah... the first post

Ah... the first post in our new Journaism forum We spend countless hours tsk-tsk'ing reporters who quite simply don't know what they're talking about. Sometimes, we even find ones who do. Let's see if you can figure out which category this guy falls under:
Here are a few things you might not know about hybrid cars. Instead of using a key, you simply push a power button, much like a computer. But the main difference is under the hood. There is a normal gas engine, but there is also an electric engine. The electric engine will get you going up to a certain speed but then the gas engine has to help out. It doesn't burn as much fuel because it's only working half as hard as it would in a normal car.

Mary Jo said, "it is a little bit different the way you drive it but I can live with that."

The catch to these cars comes when you need to have it worked on. You can't take these cars to your average Joe mechanic because the high voltage from the electric motor could be dangerous. You need to take it to a certified mechanic at your dealership.
- http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp...4&nav=2FH5YERw

Old 04-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ah... the first post

Other people's ignorance can get frustrating. I've spent time discussing hybrids with people who believe that since a hybrid costs more than the base model, then they're not worth buying and that they're actually worse for the environment than conventional vehicles.

It was like banging my head against a brick wall.

What sucks is that the media often perpetuate things like this through their own ignorance or lack of willingness to do proper research.