Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

BanSUVs.com Targets the Source of Pollution and Safety Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 06:18 AM
Banned
Default Re: BanSUVs.com Targets the Source of Pollution and Safety Concerns

Originally Posted by Tim
....To that point, I find punk kids in street racers as much a hazard as lazy SUV drivers. I've been cut off, tailgated, and had to outright dodge dozens of cluless kids who can't even hear me honk because that stupid tailpipe.

Lazy, unattentive drivers are not limited to SUVs. Gas guzzling high polution vehicles are not the exclusive domain of SUVs either. In my opinion, if you're going to go after something, address aggressive driving, fuel economy, polutants, and our collective attitude towards natural resources. We should not just focus on what someone is driving.
Agreed, lazy/agressive/distracted drivers are not the sole domain of SUVs. In my locale, there tends to be more of them with an attitude. Ditto to large pickup trucks - probably more so.

I don't care for the punks racing in souped up Civics either. For awhile my sig had "No More Fart Pipes" - when most cars are hybrid or fuel cell, they will probably put those sounds into their MP3 stereo.

Let's add bikers weaving in at 120mph - I'd love to suprise them with a little ramp.

OT for a moment to make a point - last week Thomas Herrion collapsed and died just after playing a pre-season game with the 49er. It generated talk of how healthy a 330-pound lineman really is. They are really fit but dangerously obese players.

Leading to my point, some truck/SUV owners drive like they have a nimble sports car. It's like a 330-pound lineman trying to act like a 195-pound running back. Everyone has seen abrupt lane-changing. When SUV's do it, their is a distinct butt-wiggle due to their height and mass. It's one of the things that contributes to the anti-SUV sentiment.