Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Car and Driver Short Take - Vue Green Line

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 04:28 AM
Enthusiastically Active
Default Car and Driver Short Take - Vue Green Line

Funny short take on Saturn's new hybrid in my new Car and Driver. It was titled something like "Cheap, and a low price too."

They said "for $22,995 you get three shiney hybrid badges an extra 2-3 mpg, and a weak effort.

Obviously they were less than impressed by the Saturn, and I agree.

Sure it is inexpensive, but for the same money I can get a Rav4 Sport or a CR-V EX and only give up 2-3 mpg highway and 3-4 mpg city.... I suspect less in real world driving. With the arguably higher quality of the Toyota and Honda, I have a feeling you would need to be a big Saturn fan to bite on this one.

If course the image associated with 'three shiney hybrid badges' could make it a huge success as well. Jackass 2 is the number one movie in america right now after all .

Last edited by Archslater; 09-28-2006 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Car and Driver Short Take - Vue Green Line

Originally Posted by Archslater
Funny short take on Saturn's new hybrid in my new Car and Driver. It was titled something like "Cheap, and a low price too."

They said "for $22,995 you get three shiney hybrid badges an extra 2-3 mpg, and a weak effort.

Obviously they were less than impressed by the Saturn, and I agree.
. . .
I think the best test might be to put them in taxi service with Ford Escapes. That might provide a head-to-head test IF the payload capabilities are close enough.

BTW, I recently saw a posting for a Camry hybrid taxi. THAT would be an awsome service. Next year they start making or assembling them in Kentucky?

Bob Wilson

Old 09-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Car and Driver Short Take - Vue Green Line

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
BTW, I recently saw a posting for a Camry hybrid taxi. THAT would be an awsome service. Next year they start making or assembling them in Kentucky?
They start building TCHs in Kentucky next month (October)

Boston has TCH in taxi service!