Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Green diet vs green car

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Enthusiast
Old 01-12-2006, 07:19 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Green diet vs green car

do both and save 2.5 tonnes/person!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Banned

Over the last year or so, I've eaten more salads and less red meat. At one time lost 40 pounds.

This week there was an article that mentioned a study one "healthy fat people". It dismissed the notion. An overweight person without high blood pressure, bad blood sugar, exercises regularly is still at a greater health risk then if they attained their ideal weight. Sort of like a hybrid Hummer will save gas, but not as much as an FEH or Prius.

An old Idea I've Had to Increase Fuel Economy

Put a flatuance pad in the car seats and connect it to the gas line for additional fuel...

Old 01-12-2006, 02:16 PM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Over the last year or so, I've eaten more salads and less red meat. At one time lost 40 pounds.

This week there was an article that mentioned a study one "healthy fat people". It dismissed the notion. An overweight person without high blood pressure, bad blood sugar, exercises regularly is still at a greater health risk then if they attained their ideal weight. Sort of like a hybrid Hummer will save gas, but not as much as an FEH or Prius.

An old Idea I've Had to Increase Fuel Economy

Put a flatuance pad in the car seats and connect it to the gas line for additional fuel...
I think that idea stinks....

You could eat more greens and then have a cabin vapor recovery system when in "recirc" mode for an added FE boost.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

Shaun, I agree.

But better yet would be to ride a bicycle and grow your own food. I just started on my own garden this year; sticking with easy greens (chicory, arugula, mizuna) for now.

Are you by any chance in Gainesville?

I still have a conventional car but I am trying to keep it down to less than 10 miles per week.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Had smothered ox tails and potatoes last night. No "light" here, at least last night...lol kevin