Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Hummer Sales Up Nearly 300% in Last Year

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Banned
Default Hummer Sales Up Nearly 300% in Last Year

Originally Posted by MSNBC
National Hummer sales nearly tripled from 2,220 sales in March 2005 to 6,125 in March 2006, according to research by Autodata Corp
MSNBC Story

....however, Hummer sales have never been better in Dallas.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hummer Sales Up Nearly 300% in Last Year

Never better, here, too in San Antonio. While enjoying EV mode in my Ford Escape Hybrid yesterday afternoon, driving through my parent's neighborhood for a visit, I discovered a huge (H2?) yellow monstrosity... er... Hummer... parked on the street of one of the homes. It apparently doesn't fit in their driveway or garage.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
MSNBC Story

....however, Hummer sales have never been better in Dallas.
Excellent! How about in Alaska and Louisianna?

Bob Wilson

Old 05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

triple a small number is still a small number. The Hummer dealer here in DC is virtually going out of business.

Hummers make a great target but in reality are just an extreme example of the genre- I wouldn't even give them the satisfaction of getting frustrated over them- save your scorn for something more deserving

Old 05-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Banned

I'd find my Hummer contempt a lot easier to control if so many people would stop oggling them and the toy stores were not full of them. It's a sad commentary on the values of so many people and I see these gas pigs daily.

Of course this is fantasy, but if I had the power all civilian Hummer drivers would be considered "volunteers" to serve in Iraq 60 days from now. I know where that would go, as the percentage of Hummer drivers that have served in the Armed Forces is quite low.

Yes, it's mostly symbolic, but vulgar.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

In my area, Hummer sales are big. I see them everywhere. The dealership is jammed every weekend (they also sell Escalades......) I was behind a brand new H2 yesterday, new plates, temp tags, etc. I give them teh disapproving head nod. :p
There are some bridges in PA that Hummers are too heavy to drive over. That's great. I think, imo, people who drive these monstrous cars should have special licenses, like truck drivers. There are some really bad drivers in some really really big cars out there

Old 05-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I was disappointed to see the boys (both teenage and adult) flocking around the Hummer stand at the NY Auto Show. Couldn't get my nephew to pay attention to anything environmentally responsible.

(Personally, I was glued to the working model of a CVT at the Nissan booth.)

Old 05-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Hybrid True Believer

When will the Hybrid Hummer w/2Mode be out? I heard that it might get 6 mpg instead of only 4! A 50% improvement! Yay!

Old 05-02-2006, 05:37 PM

I'm sure this is all due to the release of the H3. It's smaller, lighter, less expensive, looks more like a large SUV, and gets *cough* better gas mileage than the H2. I'm interested in what their numbers look like, minus H3 sales.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:25 PM

BION, I saw a Hummer limo in town the other day. At least as long as your normal "stretch" limo. Its fuel consumption is probably measured in GPMs -- gallons per mile.

Quick Reply: Hummer Sales Up Nearly 300% in Last Year

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands