Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Hybrid Use Tax! On News Last Night.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Use Tax! On News Last Night.

Okay, I just caught the Thoreau reference in your title. So, you must be:

I admit, I bit...

Old 01-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Scrumtrulecent

With the thread dipping into name-calling and whatnot, I'm wondering about the source attribution for the original post. "The News?" Which station? What day? Is this covered anywhere else?

Old 01-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnjohn
With the thread dipping into name-calling and whatnot, I'm wondering about the source attribution for the original post. "The News?" Which station? What day? Is this covered anywhere else?
I don't recall where, or if it showed up much in print. It was on the evening news here. If I'm not mistaken, it was on the national news, or maybe local stations picked up on it and it got wide attention.

I'll still contend it was some obscure government committee member thinking out-loud and a reporter heard it, rather than some kind of indication of future policy.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

It was awhile ago, but I believe it to be FOX channel 5 NY, 11/25/05 10pm news. I posted it the morning after hearing it, wanting to increase awareness of this ridiculous proposal.