Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

It's Electric..Despite sliding gas prices, car buyers boogie toward the hybrid market

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 05:38 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Default It's Electric..Despite sliding gas prices, car buyers boogie toward the hybrid market

Yet another Hybrid article. This one is by Julia Green of Hatch magazine. Hatch is a magazine aimed at 20-30 year olds, that fosters sharing of "real-life" stories from other viewers, related to careers, shelter, money, education, health, culture. Sounds a lot like GB !

http://www.hatchmagazine.com/story.phtml?id=362

The article is diffrent from most, in that it brings out some great truths
There are clearly environmental benefits to driving a hybrid, but even without taking those into account, the math alone indicates that investing in a hybrid would be a great financial decision.

Well, the hybrid is pretty much a no-brainer: It's relatively inexpensive, will save you money in the long run and will contribute to a healthier environment.

Many people also still believe that hybrid vehicles need to be plugged in, when, in fact, it's the gasoline engine that recharges the electric motor as necessary. No plugging needed.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:04 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.
Default Re: It's Electric..Despite sliding gas prices, car buyers boogie toward the hybrid market

Originally Posted by from the above
Quote:
Many people also still believe that hybrid vehicles need to be plugged in, when, in fact, it's the gasoline engine that recharges the electric motor as necessary. No plugging needed.
I've never recharged a motor, knowingly, in my life.
A battery, yes. A motor, no.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Default Re: It's Electric..Despite sliding gas prices, car buyers boogie toward the hybrid market

Good Catch Charlie!! I did not even notice that when I posted it and I am an Electrical Engineer

Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

That tank of gas will take you approximately 554 miles. So if you drive 20 miles to and from work every day, you could go 13 days before you'd have to refill. That's nearly two weeks without having to stop for gas.
Poor guy. Doesn't get weekends off.

Other than that, great article. You ever notice that all the pro-hybrid articles involve real owners, and all the anti-hybrid articles feature "experts"?