Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Land Rover LRX Hybrid Concept

Old 02-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Land Rover LRX Hybrid Concept

Hi,

I just read this article about a new concept Land Rover Hybrid called the LRX. Looks cool and could be an indication that Ford is ready to make Hybrid crossovers.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...rover_lrx.html

Old 02-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Part Time Hybrids
Default Re: Land Rover LRX Hybrid Concept

Just what we need.

Another $50,000 SUV.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Witch w/ sense of humor

SUVs have their place in the world, but that place should never -- ever -- be that of primary commuter vehicle. One takes no issue with the idea of hybrid SUVs save one: they are too expensive and will be sold in too few numbers to really accomplish any positive ecological or sociopolitical effect.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

This will be expensive but it is a small crossover vehicle, not a full fledged SUV. I can't tell if it's based on Ford's Edge platform or something smaller, but if this hybrid tech. makes it to the more affordable lines, it will have its place.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Enthusiast

It is definitely going to be smaller, not an SUV per se. It is now for sure and is going to be called the Evoque.

Heck, Land Rover is even planning to make a hybrid Range Rover. Well, it all helps... I'd love to have one, not sure if I could justify it though, but I still would love one.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just remember, Land Rover is one of the WORST car brands in terms of reliability. They always rank at or near the bottom of every car survey.

If their non-hybrids are overpriced pieces of crap just designed to proved 'status' to their owners, why would you expect a hybrid Land Rover to be any better? And do you really want an unreliable hybrid?

Old 07-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

San Antonio Joe, thanks for pointing that out. Well, yeah before I never entertain the idea that Land Rover is one of the worst car in terms of reliability although there are people around me that says it's not fit for them. On the other hand, I like the exterior of it and thank God I have a different brand with me. The concept maybe okay but the whole specs should be consider.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

GreenBoy,

Good points to consider. I know that for every Land Rover owner that has had to put up with their very well-documented issues, there is probably an owner that has made a decision to buy/drive THAT car. And, they do have a very loyal owner following, which is rare in today's car climate.

An interesting thing to consider is that LR may buy an entire system from someone else that already builds hybrids. They could buy the system made by Toyota, or the system Hyundai will be introducing to the market in the US sometime in the next month or two.

I just wanted to make sure no one could interpret my comments to mean people shouldn't be able to buy or drive a Land Rover. I DO NOT believe in the kind of PC that far too many people are following these days, up to and including criticizing or damaging large vehicles from Suburbans to Hummers. Hey, if you want to pay $150 to fill up your vehicle when gas starts going back up, be my guest......

Joe

Last edited by SanAntonio Joe; 07-31-2010 at 06:28 PM.