Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.
View Poll Results: Which Model is Most Likely to be Discontinued?
Pontiac
26.67%
Buick
30.00%
Mercury
20.00%
Lincoln
0%
Isuzu
10.00%
Mitsubishi
6.67%
Saab
0%
Saturn
6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Which Model is Most Likely to be Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Banned
Default Which Model is Most Likely to be Discontinued?

Which Model is Most Likely to be Discontinued?

Reference Story

Old 01-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Which Model is Most Likely to be Discontinued?

IMO, Buick and Lincoln definitely have that "old, musty" air about them, followed closely by Pontiac and Mercury. Maybe that's because those were the cars that our parents (in the 50's, 60's, and 70's), and their parents (in the 30's, 40's, and 50's), tended to have or want, while my generation tended to find some of the European names (Saab, BMW, Mercedes) more desirable. I wonder what cars our kids (or their kids) will lust after (or are currently lusting after)? My niece (age 12) and son (9) have definitely been influenced by their elders a bit, as they are both charged up about hybrids, FFVs, biodiesel, and other more "planet-friendly" options. Then again, they both attend a very "ecologically aware" Montessori school, and live in Ithaca, NY - I'm sure they're not an average sample of pre-teens! But I cannot see them, or any of their friends, ever buying a Buick or a Lincoln, that's for sure.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:34 AM

I voted saturn because they don't have too many large automobiles. And GM insists that americans want the Large SUVs.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Banned

I cloned the MSNBC poll, but the article also mentioned Volvo was not doing well.

I'm not very proud of the way GM has taken care of Saab, and maybe the way Ford has taken care of Volvo. They seemed to have been poor ambassadors of American capitalism, particularly GM. I don't want Swedes thinking this is America at it's finest.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have to say Buick, as when my son and I went to the auto show last year and I have to say it was off peak time but only 3 people were in and around the Buick cars. That and yes they looked in there 60' and older too. I asked my son if he wanted to look at the Buicks and he gave me this funny look and asked if I was crazy...lol kevin

Old 01-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Banned

Is it me, or does it seem like Mercury is just a Ford with all the options?