Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Mother Earth News: Hybrids & FE Cars (New & Used)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 07:10 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Thumbs up Mother Earth News: Hybrids & FE Cars (New & Used)

I just noticed this months Mother Earth News (yeah yeah, tree hugger) has articles on FE cars and Hybrids (though they seem to focus mostly on the Prius II ) it's still a good informative read. Puts it all into line, if you have a "non-hybrid" believer have them read the article. They even do the math for savings in $$$ for people PLUS there is a section with 47 cars 2000-2005 that get over 35 MPG.

Here's a bit of a blurb from the article:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Alter...green-means-go

Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Mother Earth News: Hybrids & FE Cars (New & Used)

This is one of the most positive articles on hybrids and fuel economy that I've read.

I will make sure to put a copy in the break room at work.

Regards,

Old 10-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mother Earth News: Hybrids & FE Cars (New & Used)

I just saw that mag at Safeway about 20 mins ago. I didn't get a chance to read too much, but I did see something that was alarming. The article compared a hybrid vs a non-hybrid according to difference in cost. For the Prius and Camry pair, it was a difference of $1,000. For the Accord Hybrid and the gas Accord, it was $10,000!! Talk about apples to oranges. At least they could have shown the cost difference between the hybrid and comparable EX-V6!