Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

"New Mariner Hybrid: Nice and green"

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default "New Mariner Hybrid: Nice and green"

CNN Money

Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Default Re: "New Mariner Hybrid: Nice and green"

"The new Mariner's brakes are also much better. The old Mariner Hybrid's brakes had a distinct two-part feel. As you pressed the brake pedal down there was a distinct point at which you could feel them really grab hold. The new brakes operate in a much more smooth and natural way."

This is the first I have read that the brakes have been changed too.

I can definitely tell when my changes/switches from regenerative braking to "real" braking.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:21 AM

"Ford insists they it is working on adding stability control to their hybrid SUVs. The company has publicly committed to having it on all the SUVs it makes by the end of 2009. For now, Ford says, there's a problem in making stability control work with the hybrid vehicle's braking system."

Old 03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by WaltPA
. . .

I can definitely tell when my changes/switches from regenerative braking to "real" braking.
The first Prius we test drove, a 2001, had a similar problem. I could feel the transition. But after 30,000 miles in my 2003, I don't even notice it but then I'm used to gentle braking.

Bob Wilson

Old 03-21-2007, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
"The new Mariner's brakes are also much better. The old Mariner Hybrid's brakes had a distinct two-part feel. As you pressed the brake pedal down there was a distinct point at which you could feel them really grab hold. The new brakes operate in a much more smooth and natural way."

Hmmm.. I usually can't tell unless the brakes are wet. Then you feel it grab. I wonder if they've gotten rid of that effect too.