Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Patent sitting

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Engineering first
Default Patent sitting

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...29012008-1.htm

DANBURY, Conn., Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Solomon Technologies, Inc. announced today that it has filed it's rebuttal brief on the appeal of the decision of the United States International Trade Commission (ITC) regarding Solomon's claim of patent infringement against Toyota Motor Corporation, and certain of its affiliates, with the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) in Washington, DC. As a result of a complaint by Solomon filed in early 2006, the ITC ruled, on April 30, 2007, that there was no violation of Section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930, as amended. The brief as filed is available for review on Solomon's website.
. . .
From what I've been able to tell, there was a prior patent held by TRW that Toyota had already referenced in the original case. What I'm hoping for is maybe some of the expert testimony previously kept sealed might become available.

Bob Wilson