Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Suburban Sprawl & Excess example at its' best

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned
Default Re: Suburban Sprawl & Excess example at its' best

Originally Posted by Mr Kite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
I need to do other things, esp since this has gone from discussion to arguement with the intentional ovesight of facts.

Define facts? Could your facts be used in a court of law to prove guilt?
Your "facts" are even less substantial (particluarly attempts to discredit me). I bet most of the GH posts could be deleted if they had to be legal facts. A few posts on this thread have tried really hard to make it seem like I was behaving as a PETA activiist at a Texas Cattleman Association meeting. I was civil and polite, but "the other sides" POV has a problem with such facts. Since when did facts have to suport a POV to be valid?

Originally Posted by Mr Kite

Quote:
I leave you with the question once again - why is Gov Schwartzenegger hiding his Hummers and campaigning in a green bus?

He is trying to get more votes. The question wasn't answered because we all knew the answer and assumed you did too. Sorry.
That was a fact in regards to Gov. Schwartenegger. I'll be more specific - millions of people associate the Hummer as being one of the most environmentally unfriendly vehicles built. He is able to change his view....I've posted SEVERAL TIMES that I called out some reckless Acura driver, etc., yet "the other side" on this thread is attempting to project I'm as closed-minded as one of you. . I point out my concessions and one can almost see you clamp your eyes because truth conflicts with the POV you are pushing so relentlessly. Chilly can't exactly lecture on attacks as virtually 100% of his posts directed at me have been adversial to one degree or another. Heck, there are people that still claim the moon landings were faked.

Acting like Carl Rove or James Carville is not exactly becoming: a relentless siege of your POV and intentionally ignoring any facts/quotes that run contrary to your POV.

I'm sure that after HybridFest that if your caracture of Delta Flyer is accurate, it will be reported.

BTW, did you know that the topic of this thread is one a developer giving away H2s - not me?

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 07-04-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Your "facts" are even less substantial (particluarly attempts to discredit me)
Who tried to discredit you? Not everything is about YOU. Pointing out the fact that the H2 driver was more than likely trying to be friendly rather than saying hello because he was riddled with guilt discredits you how? It is simply offering up another explanation. This FACT seems to be beyond your comprehension.

I've posted SEVERAL TIMES that I called out some reckless Acura driver, etc., yet "the other side" on this thread is attempting to project I'm as closed-minded as one of you.
And this would have what to do with the H2 driver saying hello. Who cares, it is irrelevant.

Chilly can't exactly lecture on attacks as virtually 100% of his posts directed at me have been adversial to one degree or another
Sure I can. In fact I just did. Of course only you would consider someone expressing an alternative point of view as being adversial.

BTW, did you know that the topic of this thread is one a developer giving away H2s - not me?
And yet you went ahead and hijacked the thread anyway!
Anyone want to take bets that this won't be the last rant from DF? Never in a million years will he give up the last word.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

Chilly,

You were not there but based on your history at GH, even if you were there in person and the man was trembling you would dismiss it. {sigh}

I went to some length to clarify that little meeting, and your responses border on calling me a liar. What if every account told at GH was scrutinized like this one - would it be fun?

I agree with you that this thread is not supposed to be about me (or desired it - that was your initiative), so get on-topic!

Alternate idea - just give this a rest while it's still voluntary.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 07-04-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Imagine that.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I can't see how this thread can evolve into a meaningful discussion.
The thead is closed.