Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Warren Brown's Letter to Congress

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Proud to be GM
Default Warren Brown's Letter to Congress

From Warren Brown's Washington Post column. Dripping with truth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031500996.html

Peace,

Martin

Old 03-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warren Brown's Letter to Congress

Nice link Martinjlm. I see poeple hauling around the Dallas area in everything, including hybrids, too. I am not among them. My
own rule is the speed limit or 60 mph, whichever is less. I agree with a lot of what he said in the article too. Without a direct stake in it people will not save fuel.

An interesting aside. I pulled up next to a fellow Prius driver and asked her if she was as happy with hers as I was with mine. She said she loved hers. I then asked her what kind of mileage she was getting and she said 42 mpg. I said I'm getting 53 mpg (this was a month ago when it was still cold here in Dallas) and she sped off.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Warren Brown's Letter to Congress

Originally Posted by martinjlm
From Warren Brown's Washington Post column. Dripping with truth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031500996.html
Funny thing, I follow F-250s and semi-trailer trucks and delivery vans as part of my daily commute. I'm not tailgating but rather using them as my 'excuse' for traveling at or below the speed limit.

Yes, I've been passed by just about everything on the road, both big and little. I have no problem with traffic speed law enforcement. But in this case, his F-250 looks like 'cover' so I can get my 50+ MPG.

Bob Wilson