Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Wheels: Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Site Founder
Default Wheels: Toyota Highlander Hybrid

What a strange review. This guy refers to the Highlander as "boring" countless times. He lists feature after feature and still seems unsatisfied. Someone needs coffee...

His description of the engine seemed a bit sketchy to me. Can anyone back that up?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/carrev...rid/index.html

Old 06-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Wheels: Toyota Highlander Hybrid

I think this dude probably had a problem with the regular Highlander and took it out on the hybrid. He really couldn't say anything bad (other than price) about it but just refuses to endorse it for some reason. He is a "CNN/Money staff writer", how he got assigned to review this is a mystery to me, but then again, he focal point of attach on the car was its price...
If you drive a hybrid and can't tell it's a hybrid, then it should be mission accomplished for the manufacturer.

Old 06-23-2005, 03:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

What got me was that despite the Prius's planetary gear system being around for....ever. And the same system in the HH, they still call it CVT and talk about it shifting 'gears'.

Is this concept too complex for the simpleton auto reviewers to grasp or are they just too lazy to explain it to their readers.

I've heard nothing from the few HH owners and those who've test driven it about excessive engine noise.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

I dont personally like Toyota...but i think they should come out with like a toyota celica...HYBRID...that would be nice!

Diamond Rings

Legal Animation

Auto Insurance