My Mom

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Enthusiast
Post My Mom

My Mom has been driving since before the atack on Pearl Harbor (you do the math). Tomorrow we are going to pick up her new, red GS450h from Tom Wood Indianapolis.
I submit this in response to postings wondering just where this car came from, its market and intention. My folks had a slew of luxery sports sedans starting in the 1970s with Mercedes, then BMWs a Volvo, more Mercedes and BMWs and a couple of Infinitis. They all had big honking V8s, or very powerfuls 6s, (except for a couple of diesels Dad had) and they loved them.
Now it is time for their last car (Dad quit driving/Parkinsons) and this is it. Mercedes reputation is in the toilet so we didn't look at the new diesel, but my folks became enamored with my sister's Prius, don't like the SUV but want the power and luxery to which they've become accustomed. I'm just so glad Lexus built the car.
Yeah I wish it had 50 less HP and better mileage, but it doesn't. I'm just happy it was here at all for them. I see scant reporting on here from GS owners so I'll try to send in updates.

Last edited by steussy; 04-02-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: My Mom

steussy,
Welcome to GreenHybrid.
The GS is a great hybrid. If driven conservatively it produces good results in fuel economy, even though it is such large car. It has plenty of safety features as well.
I look forward to the reports.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes, welcome to the forum. We definitely need information from someone like you. Thanks for joining us and good luck with your mom's new car!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

The GS450h may not get good milage compared to the Prius but its a big car with lots of power so that's expected. Its fuel economy however is much better than any car with similar weight and power.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Enthusiast

Ok...