Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   07 Camry hybrid / first tank a gas (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/07-camry-hybrid-first-tank-gas-7832/)

Burt Bochner 06-07-2006 09:31 PM

07 Camry hybrid / first tank a gas

I got my new Camry and 07 hybrid last week I first tank a gas I received to what I think is pretty good news!

My mileage was 36 Mpg which I think is pretty good for the first tank a gas. Of course I have to add in the fact that I did Cobbett about three times just to reassure myself that I didn't buy a slug! Well I assure you it's not a slug's to start the gate used to not having any feel of shifting in the coming from the transmission. Tomorrow on taking it down to San Diego from L.A. which should be a good test as to how it performs the requirements of Southern California highways. This is the first time I've ever written anything that other people throughout the world are going to read. But I'd really felt it necessary to put together some information regarding this car because it's been very time-consuming to find out things about the car because you have to go to a few people before you get answers. like today I got an answer that I really didn't like and that is the fact that my Sony Erickson cellphone/ PDA which cost me $450 two years ago.Which I am totally in love with!

it's not compatible with my new car even though it said on the Windows sticker blue tooth compatible! Now I come to find that there are different generations of blue tooth and if your phone isn't one of the newer phones that has the latest and greatest Blue tooth abilities you may have to buy new phone which I'm shopping for tonight.

BB :D

stevenvillatoro 06-09-2006 12:55 PM

Re: 07 Camry hybrid / first tank a gas

1. Always buy your phones at Costco where you can return them at any time. I got my new Bluetooth phone there (Samsung A-900 "Blade") and it works great.

2. I just did the SD-LA-SD route, and got 44.5 MPG on my '07 TCH at a steady 65 MPG with cruise control. Am STILL amazed at how the cruise control faithfully beats my MPGs by 10 percent.

bmgoodman 06-09-2006 01:17 PM

Awesome, Steve! I appreciate your posts a great deal!

(Now if you could add a night shot of the taillights. Hint, hint!)

kdhspyder 06-09-2006 03:23 PM

That's really amazing steve especially at that speed. On cruise also. Was it the trip readout or have you been able to confirm it by ( miles/gas used) hand calculations?

Nicely done. HSD vehicles now exceeding the EPA estimates???:shade:

spiff72 06-09-2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
1. Always buy your phones at Costco where you can return them at any time. I got my new Bluetooth phone there (Samsung A-900 "Blade") and it works great.

2. I just did the SD-LA-SD route, and got 44.5 MPG on my '07 TCH at a steady 65 MPG with cruise control. Am STILL amazed at how the cruise control faithfully beats my MPGs by 10 percent.

What did you set your cruise control at during that trip?

stevenvillatoro 06-09-2006 08:18 PM

As mentioned in my post, the cruise was set at 65 MPH. My trip mileage included warm-up time in SD and LA. I used the computer calculations after hitting 'reset,' and have no manual confirmations.

Thanks for the compliment on my posts, bmgoodman. As far as getting a pic of the taillights, I haven't figured out how get a pic of them while I'm driving... maybe set the cruise control and climb from a rear window onto the trunk... but there is no auto-steer feature on my TCH. So, for now I'll leave the pic to someone more adventuresome. Hehe.

clyde2575 06-09-2006 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
As mentioned in my post, the cruise was set at 65 MPG. My trip mileage included warm-up time in SD and LA. I used the computer calculations after hitting 'reset,' and have no manual confirmations.

Question...in the TCH you can set the cruise to mpg instead of mph? That is super cool, I say to myself daily that I wish my HCH did that.

Your photos are great..I may look at the TCH when I am done with my HCH. Although, my HCH is brand new and there will surely be many more options by then.

Have a good night,
Jessica

stevenvillatoro 06-09-2006 08:54 PM

Mmmmm, I should have written MPH, and just now edited the original post to prevent Toyota from stealing my inadvertently good idea! Another reason to hire a secretary. Anyway, it brings up a good point... driving by MPG does deflnitely work, but it's just not always reliable, due to circumstances.

CGameProgrammer 06-10-2006 01:39 AM

I've taken a picture of them simply by parking and leaving the lights on. This is the best I can do:

http://devimg.net/forum_posts/Taillights.jpg

Burt Bochner 06-12-2006 05:32 PM

Thanks for the tip nowhere to buy my phones but I think my problem with my phone is that its first generation blue Tooth not the new 2 nd gen. anyways I was impressed by your photo songs could take some but naive beat you do at time that taillight photo is great !!! I didn't realize my taillight's look so good! I knew I had the LED tail -lights but I didn't know what they looked like! Anyways I wanted a ash to a question to see maybe you have a cure for this problem, I find that all the 12 volts outlets turn off when you in the ignition goes off so my eye potted doesn't get charged to my cellphone doesn't get charged I've gone to electrical car or people likes a stereo shop and they said they won't touch it because it's a hybrid! All I wanted them to do was convert my outlets to being on all the time. To have you had any such problem with the way you use electricity in your car? This is my first response ever to something that I have posted please disregard anything as far as grammer are or things spelled wrong because I am a terrible typists I am I am using a voice recognition program. They say it has a 95 percent accuracy I think it is probably around 97 percent accurate. Anyways if you have any suggestions about so finding someone to switch my car over to 12 volts being on all the time please let me know.

BB cableguy