'07 Camry Hybrid Remote Start-Bottom Line Is?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast
Question '07 Camry Hybrid Remote Start-Bottom Line Is?

Starts via SmartKey, starts & runs, but when door is opened, car shuts down/off.

Is this by design, or "feature"?

I've searched here and there, and it seems that this is the "way" it is.

Are all remote starters designed the same way so that once started remotely, they shut down when the car door is opened?

IS there a way to circumvent it, or reason why I wouldn't want to? (theft?)

Is this 'process' described in the owners manual?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '07 Camry Hybrid Remote Start-Bottom Line Is?

I believe it's that way by design. The car will shut off if a door is opened ONLY if it was started by the remote starter. If you start the car normally then it will stay running if the doors are opened or closed. It's a safety feature designed so that if an unauthorized open the doors the car won't continue running and the car will be where you left it.. Around here, it's a ticket if the police find a car running with nobody in it. (like running into a QT for coffee) The remote start issue would be a fun one to battle in court. (any takers ?) Many cars are stolen in the driveways while warming u with the owners warming up inside their homes. Personally, I like this design.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Can someone provide the part number for the Toyota remote starter for the TCH? My dealer claims one doesn't exist but the discussions on these forums tend to tell me otherwise.

TIA.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Dazed and Confused

For some reason Toyota feels this is the way it should be done.

No other manufacturer of vehicles or aftermarket remote starters do it this way.

Most will only turn the engine off if you hit the brake without inserting and turning the key first (in our case pressing the button with the smart key in range).