07 TCH at 48K miles. What maintenance I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 05:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 TCH at 48K miles. What maintenance I need?

Can anyone tell me what warning light that is? It has been only around 2800 miles since I last changed engine oil. I keep seeing this light and when I check my tire some of them keep losing air and I have been going to put air every about 60 miles. My car is 12 years old but mileage is not high. When I changed my oil last time, the mechanic recommended number of repairs and fixes and said if I don’t do it I will keep losing air tire . I didn’t do it.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If the tires are loosing air, then they could be fixed, unless they are worn out past some minimum requirement and it shouldn't be that much money to fix them. But judging by the age of your car, I think your batteries inside tire pressure sensors are beginning to die and the light simply tells you there is some malfunctions (no data coming in). My first sensor failed 2 yrs ago, second failed 1yr ago, 2 are still working fine, but the light stays constant now. Just buy $5-$10 tire pressure gauge and check them manually, like it used to be done in the past. As far as attached bill, I can't check your car to make sure nothing is seriously wrong, all I can tell you is that my car has over 200k miles and had no repairs done to it at all and sway bars would be the last things on my list to replace, unless they were broken/wornout or I was planning to go racing.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

I already did a separate fix for the tire air leak issue mid last year at MIDAS. Was told it was sensor something and they replaced something I paid about $120 for that. Went back when that happened again and they fixed something again. I still have this same problem and in fact having this for the last 20 months or so. It is 07 Camry hybrid. never had suspension or any major work. Last time when I went to change oil , they said I need need strut repair replacement and they showed weaknesses underneath the car when they lifted the car . Said things like strut or suspension , bar something are weak and tried showing things underneath near the tire. I didn’t understand anything cos I don’t understand anything related to car . I refused repair. He even showed dirty air filter which I never replaced . I don’t know if I should have replaced air filter. My car is now 12 years old although just around 47k miles. I see big rusts at the drivers side door at the bottom outside. Wonder how much repairing the rusts will cost.

Last edited by jimmy1; 08-26-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Each tire has battery operated pressure sensor, seems to me they replaced one by one as they're failing and if they already replaced 2, you got 2 more to go, but except for the warning light and need to check tire pressure manually on regular basis, the light shouldn't affect ability to drive the car at all. BTW for $120 they charged you to replace the sensor, you could get brand new tire, or 2, I don't think it's worth fixing it. As far as rust goes, if it's cosmetic, You don't need to fix it, if it's structural, then you need to fix it, but you need to talk to mechanic about it. You should ask your friends for good mechanic references and visit at least two, to see what they say. It would be impossible to say what work needs to be done and what doesn't without looking at the car, but I can tell you fixing TPMS is rather expensive and people drove cars without it, without any problems and actually 2007 was the year TPMS became mandatory on all new cars. Good luck with whatever you decide to do..

Old 08-27-2018, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pete4
Each tire has battery operated pressure sensor, seems to me they replaced one by one as they're failing and if they already replaced 2, you got 2 more to go, but except for the warning light and need to check tire pressure manually on regular basis, the light shouldn't affect ability to drive the car at all. BTW for $120 they charged you to replace the sensor, you could get brand new tire, or 2, I don't think it's worth fixing it. As far as rust goes, if it's cosmetic, You don't need to fix it, if it's structural, then you need to fix it, but you need to talk to mechanic about it. You should ask your friends for good mechanic references and visit at least two, to see what they say. It would be impossible to say what work needs to be done and what doesn't without looking at the car, but I can tell you fixing TPMS is rather expensive and people drove cars without it, without any problems and actually 2007 was the year TPMS became mandatory on all new cars. Good luck with whatever you decide to do..
in May of last, after repeatedly leaking air and having to to put air very frequently, I went to the Firestone for first time, that time they said it is problem with RIM for which I paid $30 to repair just that. In August of last year, air started to leak again and I went to same location. Spoke to manager and they told me the problem this time is bad,broken SENSOR and they replaced the sensor. Since then I didn't have the air leakage problem for few months and now since the past 2 months, I see the low pressure light and i check the tire and one of them is losing air faster. I put air and it happens again after about 30 miles.