1000 miles later..

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default 1000 miles later..

Hello again everyone. I posted here a few weeks back asking for some opinions on cars.. Just checkin' in again.
One Jasper Pearl Camry and 1000 miles later, I couldn't be more happy.
I've got an '07 JP TCH, and I'm in LOVE with it.

I've learned to drive it pretty well, and now average 38-40 MPG on a daily basis (town and highway driving, with AC on, normal tire pressure). So far my best average of 30 mins of driving has gotten me 62 MPG, strictly town.. and that was starting out with the battery low (purple bars) already.
So far there have been only two random quirks with the car..
1- Is it just me or is there... TONS TONS TONS of bass in the default JBL speaker setup..? It's so... DEEP and.. looouuudd... I've adjusted the treb. and mid. sound levels, but still.. am I the only one who feels like this?
2- Isn't the voice recognition system supposed to be able to direct you to a said street or address? Apart from commands like, "Chinese," etc, the only thing that it'll recognise is, "Home."
But, that's about it.. I can't get over how much I love the color.. it still makes me smile when I look at it.

Oh, by the way... What kinda gas do you guys get the best mileage with? My first full tank was Giant Eagle GetGo regular, and that's gotten my my best MPG numbers, second tank was BP regular... and it's dropped a little.

Last edited by Jan1988; 08-17-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: 1000 miles later..

The voice recognition setup truly sucks, same as it did in my RX 330. I tried it a couple of times just to verify that it was still bad, and unfortunately I wasn't disappointed.

Besides, most commands are just one or two more "button pushes," so who needs it.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Lord of Time and Space

I've got 1065 miles on my TCH, and am averaging about 37 mpg. Just to see if I could do it, I maxed out the tank average at 99.9 mpg, by filling it at a station about 3 miles away, on streets with few lights/signs on a fairly flat grade - normally though, my uphill average commute to work leaves me at about 33 mpg, and the return is 40+ (no nav, so that's all the detail I've got)

I'm currently using either Sinclair or Conoco 87 octane (they sell 85 in Colorado, but I've read that fuel injectors compensate for altitude, so I use what the manufacturer recommends)

In answer to your questions: 1) Yeah, it's a touch boomy, but I was able to compensate by cutting bass, and tweaking midrange to my liking (and was able to leave treble alone). 2) No nav, but the BT dialing recognition is very good unless the A/C runs full blast.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jay_man2
The voice recognition setup truly sucks, same as it did in my RX 330. I tried it a couple of times just to verify that it was still bad, and unfortunately I wasn't disappointed.

Besides, most commands are just one or two more "button pushes," so who needs it.
That's wonderful if you don't have to use the "dial by number'. There are a few fix's or adjustments for it.

I have a thread a few down from this that folks have provided info regarding a menue that might help the op out.