12 volt adapter issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default 12 volt adapter issue

This might be a ticky point but does anyone else have problem removing an adapter from either of the 12v outlets. Almost tore my center console apart trying to remove a cell phone charger. The whole console is clipped together...

Old 09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Default Re: 12 volt adapter issue

Whoa - that's not good to hear...

Don't have my car yet so I can't comment..

I do have a couple of outlets in my house that were like that though.. I put a dab of WD40 on the prongs of a cord and exercised it in/out of the outlets and they were fine after that..

Old 09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

Mine's super tight like that too. And this is with different adaptors from different manufacturers.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My console adaptor is quite tight also, the one under the radio/etc is permanently being used by my ipod adaptor, so once it was plugged in, it hasn't been removed...don't know if it is also very tight.

I had one car, that the fit was actually too loose, and the item would always lose power, I guess tight is good, as long as we realize this on removal and are careful.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:51 AM

My center console 12V adaptor is quite snug, but I never remove the cell phone charger, so I haven't experienced any problem yet.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah my center console one is really tight. I was adjuting my tires with an air compressor which has the cig-adapter type plug. I kept thinking there was some release button I was supposed to push, because it wouldn't budge without pulling hard. The one next to the MP3 plug seems fine though.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I posted on the "TCH Center Cosole Sqeak" poll that our TCH had no sqeak until my wife ripped the console out trying to pull out a cell phone charger. Oooooooops.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yeah I put my car cell charger into the outlet under the stereo, and haven't dared to remove it since my first attempts were not going well. I'd really rather not break my nice new car, and it's the only place I need to use the charger currently so... But at some point I'm probably going to need to remove it, and not sure but what I may choose to let a dealer handle that so if anything goes wrong...

Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I actually broke my cellphone charger while putting it in the 12 volt adapter in the center cup console. The metal bands that stick out the sides of the cellphone charger was pushed in and wouldn't come back out.

I took it to my cellphone dealer and when he tried to pull the metal band out, he ended up snapping it in half and ended up giving me another one for free .

Does leaving the cellphone charger plugged in the storage console have any significant power drain when the cellphone is not plugged in and the TCH is on?

Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Arrow Re: 12 volt adapter issue

Originally Posted by Geckoboy
Does leaving the cellphone charger plugged in the storage console have any significant power drain when the cellphone is not plugged in and the TCH is on?
I leave my charger plugged into the storage console 100 percent of the time, with no problem.

Quick Reply: 12 volt adapter issue

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands