12 Volt Battery Replacement / Upgrade on a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Replacement / Upgrade on a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with photos

Then make a battery with a vent tube hook up for Toyota Hybrids or at least an option. I just bought one of your Yellow Top Optima batteries for $225 and wow no vent tube. Seems easy enough.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Former Vendor
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Replacement / Upgrade on a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with photos

Brian, I appreciate your feedback and will certainly forward your request to the appropriate parties.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries
www.pinterest.com/optimabatteries

Old 12-11-2013, 06:16 AM
Enthusiast

Since i'm at it... I would make a pocket in the plastic molding the temperature sensor can slip into so people don't have to jerry-rig a solution. It would make your battery a viable option for all Hybrid users.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by brianrounds
Since i'm at it... I would make a pocket in the plastic molding the temperature sensor can slip into so people don't have to jerry-rig a solution. It would make your battery a viable option for all Hybrid users.
Brian, that sensor really needs to be hot glued onto the battery to make sure it has a good. heat conductive path to the battery case. A "pocket" would not do that.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Enthusiast

I get that now and does make sense. That is not what I did - I the sensor semi-wedged under the medal holding bracket held in place by two zip ties. It is firmly in place and pressed against the battery.

All i'm saying is it would be nice that some of the higher end battery manufacturers make a spot for the sensor to be placed into with something to hold it in place. Seems simple enough and not to much to ask for $225. ???

Old 12-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have this waiting for the time to come for battery replacement:

Those are 90 degree polyurethane tubes, with inner channel. We use them for suction sockets for amputees. I'll cut short tips off, roughen wide bases with sand paper provided, and bond with polyurethane resin atop of factory Optima vents. From that on, it is POC to have factory vent connected to them.
But my battery is still doing OK. Not sure, maybe around spring time or whatever.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Enthusiast

Captain Jim,

It is hard to tell in the last picture, what is the sensor actually touching?

Thanks

Old 12-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hybrid newbie
Captain Jim,

It is hard to tell in the last picture, what is the sensor actually touching?

Thanks
He jammed it between the metal bracket and battery top lid. It's directly on battery, well, on a paper sticker on battery. To prevent it from sliding out, he secured it with a zip tie. You can use glue gun and run plastic glue around sensor but I think his way is quite fine.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

well We returned home from a long 1180 mile trip late last night and parked our 07 Camry H , this morning Nothing notta, and the parking lights were on strange we didn't leave anything on at all. no juice from 12v batt no horn, no power locks no nothing. i am GUESSING it is the 12v batt since its OEM and we took delivery of the car aug 06 7 years not so bad.

Not for sure but hopeful that is the problem anyone else have the same issues?

Old 12-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Enthusiast

That's what mine did too. I followed the posts on here and purchased the suggested battery from Auto Zone for $229. And we're rolling again.

Quick Reply: 12 Volt Battery Replacement / Upgrade on a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with photos

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands