2007 Camry Hybrid - BOTH front struts need replaced!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 Camry Hybrid - BOTH front struts need replaced!

I have a 07 Cmary Hybrid. I purchased it new ~ Feb 17 2007. It has 33,300 miles on it. I brought it in for the VA State inspection this past Monday May 3. The inspection shop siad BOTH front struts were elaking and suggested I take it to the dealer as the car is fairly new. I bring it to the Toyo dealer where I bought it and sure enough they verified both are leaking. But it is ~ 2 months out of the 36 month warranty so they informed me it will be ~$800!!! I called Toyo HQ and openede a case with them, the rep was very pleasant and agreed that it is unusual for a car with this low mileage to have any strut issues. I drive it mostly on the highway so the miles are 'easy rolling'.. Anyway, I have to front the money then hopes that Toyo agrees to reimburse me. Anyone ever hear of this issue? Anyone ever have Toyota repay you for something?