2007 Camry Hybrid OEM Navigation Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 05:14 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Camry Hybrid OEM Navigation Retrofit

Hi, I have done this and can provide advice and documents. Send me a PM and I can email you the info. I too agree with you that I liked the factory look. I also added a backup camera at the same time - the nav has connectors but was never advertised. The backup camera was the biggest reason I added the nav.
When I've been looking a good replacement for my backup camera, I've search dozens of different car blogs and online markets, but first of all I needed to find the real reviews from existing users of backup cameras, who could definitely explain all the pros and cons of this or that camera model. Long story short a friend of mine told me to read review where author compared a lot of different models, and I've chosen the second from that top.

Old 09-22-2019, 05:15 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, I have done this and can provide advice and documents. Send me a PM and I can email you the info. I too agree with you that I liked the factory look. I also added a backup camera at the same time - the nav has connectors but was never advertised. The backup camera was the biggest reason I added the nav.
When I've been looking a good replacement for my backup camera, I've search dozens of different car blogs and online markets, but first of all I needed to find the real reviews from existing users of backup cameras, who could definitely explain all the pros and cons of this or that camera model. Long story short a friend of mine told me to read review where author compared a lot of different models, and I've chosen the second from that top.

Old 11-10-2019, 12:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TG1678
Hey forum, new guy here. I acquired an 07 Camry Hybrid in May of 2018, it has been in the family for a while. The car came with thr factory JBL in dash 6 disc changer, which I've been fine with until now. I decided to pull the trigger on a used navigation unit which came with connectors cut from the previous vehicle. Now, I did not just go ahead and buy the unit and proceed with the install, I've read multiple threads online about people wanting to do the conversion, same probably did get it to work. Folks in Canada especially, had main concerns about the Hybrid screen not working. I have been extensively studying the wiring schematics of both, TCH non nav and nav versions. So far, I have been able to get my Aux mode to work, I had to rewire that. The navigation works, I'm using a GPS antenna off of a Prius. I will soon be hooking up my vehicle speed sensor, which needs to be hooled up behind the instrument cluster. The overhead mic also doesn't work yet, I have to rewire that into the new navigation unit's harness. My hybrid screen doesn't populate, I have the wiring traced out for that. I'll discuss more and would like to work with any fellows interested in this retrofit to make it work in our cars. Let's revive this thread!

Here's the old unit with my phone connected via Bluetooth

Here's the whole harness opened up, the sleeve cut up and wires separated. I was trying to trace my Aux wires as the it wouldn't work when pressed the button.

Aux hooked up!

Here's the navigation working, it is out of synch with the vehicle's speed since I don't have the vehicle speed sensor wire hooked up yet. I'm waiting on that particular connector to arrive and I should be good.

This is the connector that goes behind the navigation unit and contains the CAN bus wires needed for the Hybrid/Energy functions. 2 wires, CAN bus H and L. However, it's tricky, the main connector in the car that hooks up to the Navi is not present in non Nav models. Connector E41.

I'm waiting on someone to chine so I can proceed with the discussion, hoping people are still interested in this retrofit.

Good job bro
I have the same unit jbl e7012 but I couldn't make the aux/usb to work
And I have no idea how to make the mic work

If you have the wiring diagram I'll be really grateful

Thanks

Old 01-02-2020, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

Hi,
I have a 2009 Camry hybrid from Canada with jbl and without navigation system. I recently bought a hybrid jbl Toyota navigation. Everything is working fine except built in mic and aux. could you please help me to figure out to fix this issue.
thanks

Old 03-20-2020, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffisu
Can you please send me info for this swap . I just tried to do it with a e7011 and the r10 connector was a different lenth and wouldn't fit. I have the right connector and tried the back up camera with the 4 wires according to another post and it didn't work. I think some of the wires need to be swapped over. Why does my 08 jbl non Navi hybrid have a different r10? Please help. Tom

Old 06-08-2020, 12:29 AM
Enthusiast

Hey it’s 2020 and I’m reviving my 07 Camry hybrid. Next on the list is installing my used oem nav system on to a current radio dash. Could you all send me any info and whirling schematics with a list of harness I’ll need to buy. Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you!

Old 07-03-2020, 05:49 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Mohsen,

Most of these posts are old and ppl probably won't respond, but I too recently installed 86120-06390 e7012 unit and a backup camera in my 2007 Camry XLE JBL and everything works accept for the speed sensor which I'll probably take my time figuring out. PM me if you're still interested in some instructions.

Last edited by Bricktop; 07-04-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pgranix
I have been working on my 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid which was left over after my father passed away. I brought the e7011 Navigation System from eBay. I wanted the OEM system because of the hybrid and consumption info. Being naive, I thought that unlike 3rd party units, a OEM Toyota unit will have the connectors ready. What a shock that was.

I need to get a hold of a schematics of some kind that indicate what connectors as cables are for what.

Hey guys it’s 2021 and I need some help. I acquired all the harnesses and parts to finish my oem retrofit for my 2007 camry Hybrid GPS NAV system. Its at my mechanics right know and we’ve hit a small roadbblock involving the wiring on the new 5 pin Harness that must be installed/spliced. We have the original instruction pdf files for installing the system but the PDF file does not say where the wiring placement for the AE5-blue speed signal, and the AE6-Yellow reverse signal attache/what pin/color wire to splice them into. Ill attach some pictures to help show what were dealing with. If theirs any extra wiring information that you think may be useful to me could you forward that as well. My email is mohsen.sumbal303@gmail.com All information and documents would be god sent. Thanks everyone, have a great healthily year and see you on the roads.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:14 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TG1678
I would have loved to go with an aftermarket unit but, the dash kits available for these cars don't go well with the dash imo; that is tge main reason why I went with the OEM nav. Sure, it's outdated, but I got it working. There are 3 connections needed to make the Hybrid Energy screen work. I had to rewire some connections for my Aux and the microphone to work. Also added in a back uo camera while I had everything opened up.

Which Backup cam did you go with. how is it holding up?

Old 08-19-2022, 01:51 AM
Enthusiast

Hi I have a 07 hybrid camery and it has factory navigation and I'm wanting to put aftermarket one with Bluetooth , navigation , DVD. Is there any special thing I need to do