2010 Camry Hybrid ABS Brakes Failed

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2010 Camry Hybrid ABS Brakes Failed

I was in the line up for my morning coffee today and was moving slowly when all of a sudden my brakes failed to work properly!!! The ABS, skid control, engine light went on. I had to step on the brakes hard in order to stop. Not a fun experience. I had the vehicle towed to a Toyota dealer and they indicated that the error message was caused by excessive pressure exerted on the brake pedal. I was only in a line-up for coffee and was not hard on my brakes. Has anyone else had this problem, really concerned if this happens on the main roads or hyway I could be in serious situation. Need some feedback PLEASE! Not sure if Toyota would be up front given the recent rash of problems they have had over the past year!!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Camry Hybrid ABS Brakes Failed

Oyts!! That's scary. Did you ask them how did they determine what caused it? Not saying that computer on 4 wheels did not register something like this, as I know, airbag unit registers speed and brakes action right before bag deployment, but still sort of "curious".

There are several VSC light posts around here, but I have not seen this yet. Well, haroldo will show up and let us know...