2012 Camry Hybrid Specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2012 Camry Hybrid Specs

and diesel locomotives got their idea from Lohner Porsche. NIHIL NOVI ANTE SOL. and all new is well forgotten old.
those wheels are no more bulkier than some modern 20 inchers with spinners.

but think about this. you have 4 independently controlled motors. in a principle, you can operate them in opposite directions, if you want to. turn in place? sure, why not. 4 wheel drive? goodbye, as now your onboard computer can infinitely adjust torque and speed of each wheel.

Last edited by ukrkoz; 08-29-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:18 AM

That would also be a good idea of a non-slip operation. Four wheel drive using a separate motor for each wheel using the computer to control them. Could be we may see something like this in the future. After all, motors are now smaller and more efficient then ever due to the powerful field magnets they now use.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 AM

well, if you read my post, it says in the link that Jaguar is planning on 2-3 100 production as of this year. idea is so simple and practical, I have no doubt it will catch.
I am still positive that original Toyota hybrid design was motor wheel, and then they changed it to ICE/MGs hybrid. At least, this way, they could maintain sales for their ICE engines, instead of coming up with a tiny ICE to run power generator.
Look at the Top Gear boys. in 09, I think, they were told to build a cost and mileage efficient vehicle. Guess what? They built a car with small diesel engine, running power generator, powering electrical motor. This idea is so simple and obvious, that it was that way even back in 19th century. Not now, apparently.

oh, and btw, you can use motor wheel as brakes too. simply flip phase to it. yes, of course, they do have motors now that run in motor/generator mode, as needed, so, same time, it can be used as generator AND as brakes.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:05 PM

This would be a great car. My addition would be to add a very efficient solar panel disguised as a black car roof to add even more current into the traction battery pack.
I say black, maybe someday they will come up with a transparent color, looking opaque at a angle, that would allow full sunlight though to the panels.

They already got the solar powered airplane other then it fly's really slow and has to be in still air.