2012 Toyota Camry Photo Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Photo Gallery

I found this detailed review with close-up pictures of the 2012 speedometer/readout area.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40652

Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by rburt07
The new TCH will get 30% improved mpg as toyota and the EPA test shows. Here is a site comparing test, price, mpg vs the competition, including talk about toytoa's new mpg.

I also see the new TCH is belt-less. The coolant water pump is now electric driven. No doubt the saves some power from the engine as the electric steering has done in the past.

http://www.dailytech.com/Toyotas+New...icle22525c.htm

my 07 is about the same in REAL LIFE as their PROMISED mpg. I routinely have 41-42 tanks average. For a predominantly single driver use, and having pickup truck for loads, I see no reason to even consider a newer model with only minor facelift and negligent improvements.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
my 07 is about the same in REAL LIFE as their PROMISED mpg. I routinely have 41-42 tanks average. For a predominantly single driver use, and having pickup truck for loads, I see no reason to even consider a newer model with only minor facelift and negligent improvements.
Things I would look for would be a quieter, smoother ride, roomier cabin and maybe a little safer car. The extra 30% mpg might be nice with the gas prices so high. I have always got high mpg where I live. I would wonder if the new one would would actually give me 30% more than what I get now once it was broke-in.

I will post a older picture below of the mfd when the car was rather new. Note the total miles on the trip mileage. I had a picture of one tank where I went a little over 800 miles, it's in a stored away older computer. I won't risk that anymore, don't want to risk ever running out of gas.

My wife drives a rather new Ranger pickup. So were good on hauling anything which is usually the trash to the dump as we live 8 miles from town.

I will be one of the first to look the new 2012 over and hope to test drive the new one in November, if our local dealer gets any in.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00008.jpg (71.8 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by rburt07; 08-31-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 PM

If any wonder why my mpg is usually high. It's due to my driving between 25 and 47 mph using the cruise. No doubt the big jump in mpg, is the very dry air out here and the low wind in the southern desert where I live. The streets in town and highways all around are mostly level. We don't have the big city traffic like Dallas, New York, Chicago and other large cites with many freeways going in all directions.