50K Mile Service

Old 10-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default 50K Mile Service

Just to add to the information pool...

Had the 50K Mile Service performed.
My 2007 TCH needed rear brakes, and had a water pump leak fixed.
(Water Pump fixed under warranty.)

Old 10-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: 50K Mile Service

You needed rear brakes??????

Do you drive up and down mountainous terrain every day?

Been doing a little autocross racing lately?

Are you sure they needed to be replaced?

My TCH has over 70,000 miles on it and the brakes look new so I’m a little curious why yours were worn so much. Several other board members have had the same experience with long lasting bakes and yours appears to be an anomaly. Did the dealer have any questions or reasons for the wear?

The water pump is a known issue and I keep waiting either one of the company cars to start leaking but so far, so good….

Old 10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cp_tch
Had the 50K Mile Service performed... and had a water pump leak fixed.
(Water Pump fixed under warranty.)
Isn't the warranty 3/36?

Old 10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
You needed rear brakes??????

Do you drive up and down mountainous terrain every day?

Been doing a little autocross racing lately?

Are you sure they needed to be replaced?

My TCH has over 70,000 miles on it and the brakes look new so I’m a little curious why yours were worn so much. Several other board members have had the same experience with long lasting bakes and yours appears to be an anomaly. Did the dealer have any questions or reasons for the wear?

The water pump is a known issue and I keep waiting either one of the company cars to start leaking but so far, so good….

Left footed brakeman, see this all the time one left foot on brake and right on throttle. Most people that do this do not even realize they are! But they pay at the end lol!

Old 10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by haroldo
Isn't the warranty 3/36?
He could have an extended warranty or have a deal like our cars are under. The powertrain (except hybrid parts) is covered for life.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Enthusiast

Regarding the water pump: I did not notice any obvious signs of a leak (although I was not actively looking either). The dealer said that it was covered by the powertrain warranty, but I do also have an extended warranty.

Regarding the brakes: No autocross, lol. I do live in an area with some hills (foot hills of the sierra nevada's). Dealer said I was almost metal on metal for the rear brakes. But I didn't not inspect them myself. Dealer has been honest with me so far, so no reason to distrust. Also previous inspections did show that the back brakes were wearing down quite a bit faster than the fronts (typical for a hybrid according to this forum).

I am not a two footed driver. So it is most likely the hills that caused the faster wear then y'all have seen. But the dealer didn't give any indication that the rear brake wear was unusual.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cp_tch
Regarding the water pump: I did not notice any obvious signs of a leak (although I was not actively looking either). The dealer said that it was covered by the powertrain warranty, but I do also have an extended warranty.

Regarding the brakes: No autocross, lol. I do live in an area with some hills (foot hills of the sierra nevada's). Dealer said I was almost metal on metal for the rear brakes. But I didn't not inspect them myself. Dealer has been honest with me so far, so no reason to distrust. Also previous inspections did show that the back brakes were wearing down quite a bit faster than the fronts (typical for a hybrid according to this forum).

I am not a two footed driver. So it is most likely the hills that caused the faster wear then y'all have seen. But the dealer didn't give any indication that the rear brake wear was unusual.

Though the hybrids may be slightly easier on brakes, I would imagine the average TCH owner on this forum might be more inclined to accelerate and brake less often and with less force than the driver of a non hybrid. Especially those actually tracking their mileage, are probably more aware of energy savings...consequently they get more life out of their brakes.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Enthusiast

I just had mine in for service last Friday. 102,349 miles. Front brakes had 60% remaining, rear brakes had 70% remaining . . . going to go through 2 more sets of tires before I need brakes . . .