700 Mile Tank Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: 700 Mile Tank Club

Originally Posted by chiedoziedike
I did it! 702.7 miles. I filled up with 15.72gallons ( I should have gone another 50+ miles). Check out the pic..... (reduce size to view properly).
Congratulations and welcome to the club! I finally achieved mine several weeks ago and filled up like you before I had to at 15.5 gallons after 728 miles. Afterward, I was kicking myself that I didn't push to get to 750 miles which was achievable on that tank.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: 700 Mile Tank Club

Is there room for one more?

I did it this weekend, got about 715 miles on a tank from Houston to Little Rock, drove around Little rock for a 100+ miles, then filled up in Arkadelphia, AR.

I will try to update my FE log, but I am now past 30,000 miles, and have 450 miles on my current tank with an average of 45, and still have the bottom half of the tank to go.

When I was filling up, the nossle clicked off at 15.4 gallons, but I was able to put a total of 17.6 gallons in by filling the filler nosle up all the way. This was the first time I filled it that full. The most I previously put in was 1 gallon past the automatic cutoff of the pump.

If I am carefull, I might be able to hit 800 miles on this tank.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Got my first 700 mile tank! Went 716 miles before refilling. Pumped about 16.7 gallons into it, with a calculated FE of 42.8 mpg and a nominal (MFD) of 44.7. Mostly suburban towns for my commute (shifting from highway driving for that tank to see how it affected FE), with a total of ~46 mpg (nominal) before the weekend--when I had some errands to run, then ran up from Boston to Maine and back on highways. Finished the trip back down around 44.5 or less, and close to 700. Drove to work to get over 700, then drove back close to home before refilling. But that 2 mpg difference is significant. At <1 gallon left (presumably) that's a bit lower than I'd like. And nominal 46 I could theoretically have made 800 miles.

Either way, my best tank yet! And just starting to recover from the low mileage of the winter. Sadly it takes so many more months of high FE to compensate for a month of low FE that it'll be cold again before I get anywhere near averaging 40 mpg!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow - my TCH just turned in a 750 mile tank!

I don't know if I'll make an 800 mile tank. Take a peak at LOL TCH mileage logs - he has logged two 800 mile tanks now

Old 08-03-2007, 12:23 PM

How much gas did it take to re-fill after 750 miles and 49 mpg? I know mine ended up being a bit closer to empty than I'd thought, when it turned out to be ~2 mpg lower than the MFD said....

Old 08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chestr
How much gas did it take to re-fill after 750 miles and 49 mpg? I know mine ended up being a bit closer to empty than I'd thought, when it turned out to be ~2 mpg lower than the MFD said....
It took 15.67 gallons. My guess is ~ 1.5 gallons left in the tank.

I filled up at the same pump as I did last time so it should be quite accurate. I reset the "B" trip when the gas gauge hits Empty. This tank was 64 miles past E. It was rather funny to see the Miles to Empty show 694 miles after filling up.

Last edited by nash; 08-03-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 PM

Yeah too bad there's not a fill line so you know you're always filling it the same amount. The total miles and total gas will eliminate any tank-to-tank variations but sometimes it'd be nice to know that this tank and that tank weren't really vastly different in terms of mileage, just that one day I filled it up higher than the other so one tank had more gas in it. *shrug*

Old 08-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast

Mine is only a couple of weeks old, still breaking in.

What are you guys doing to get 45 - 49 miles per gallon. It's only rated 40/38. So what are you guys doing. My first tank I got 33-34 MPG. Not been on the highway with it yet to see what I get there.

Pat

Old 08-03-2007, 10:04 PM

Look at various threads here in the forum, there are lots of threads that have discussions and questions about how to get high mileage. Shouldn't be too hard to find some good tips. I used to do mostly highway, always using cruise, and in good weather I'd get say low 40s semi-regularly. Now I'm trying a bit more semi-rural, going through a few smaller towns, where i can do a lot of driving around the 40 mph zone where it's easy to coast enough to recharge the battery, or hit the pedal for either gas or a little electric acceleration, and getting closer to mid-40s. Keep reading, keep paying attention to the little things that eat gas and how you drive and stuff, and you'll pick it up. Don't expect to master it instantly. I've had mine over a year and still trying to figure out how to get better mileage.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

How about making it 1,000 km tank club (that's about 617 miles), it's a nice round number? This will be a little easier to achieve.

Quick Reply: 700 Mile Tank Club

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands