Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Gang....

So, finally got a Nav into a Canadian Camry with the energy screens working. Pics below.

Many Many thanks to JHSmith from this forum for providing the critical part information, and to Rosner Toyota of Fredericksburg who got me the correct Nav unit.

The good news:
It's actually pretty easy to install. It only requires 3 more wires compared to the non-hybrid Nav system, 2 CAN buss wires, and an ignition sense wire. The CAN wires are located right behind the Nav, and the ignition sense wire is behind the trim on the left where the mirror controls are.
It does everything the one they install from the factory does, no exceptions.

The bad news:
If you already have a Nav unit, you are screwed. They are different units.
As per JHSmith and confirmed by me:

Non-Hybrid Unit
Lower left of face: E7012
Part Number: 86120-06390

Hybrid Unit:
Lower left of face: E7011
Part Number: 86120-33A30

It would appear the CAN module required to get the information for the energy screens is not even in the Non-Hybrid units.

Part two of the bad news is the price. Currently the only source I know of for these is the dealer, and as you can imagine, it's not the cheapest thing in the world buying one of these from a dealer.

But, at least I can confirm it is possible to do. Once again, big thanks to JHSmith!

If anyone wants more info on connecting it up, or converting from the radio to either hybrid or non-hybrid Nav, PM me and I can send you some info.

Later!

Dang

Old 09-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

omg you're a genius!!!!!

I definitely would prefer L/100km over MPG.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Awesome! Thanks for figuring this out and posting the excellent information.

I hope to do this in the not too distant future...but am currently afraid to call the dealer for a price quote for the unit.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dang
Part two of the bad news is the price. Currently the only source I know of for these is the dealer, and as you can imagine, it's not the cheapest thing in the world buying one of these from a dealer.
If you don't mind, can you share what you wound up paying?

Old 09-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

too much >.<. Just come up with some ridiculous number and you're probably close .

Oh and it's the same as a replacement cost for a Prius screen. I'll let him break the news to you.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

In Canadian, you get very little change back from a $4k bill.

This unit has me curious:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWDVW

It says it's from a Camry Hybrid. The part number does not match with the non-hybrid or hybrid numbers I got, but the face apparently does say E7011, which is the hybrid unit.

The previous unit he had up (which was the same) sold for $1,325.67 U.S. or about $1,400 Cdn, which is a pretty good price. The non-matching part number is a bit of a concern, but the E7011 is promising. I sent a note to the seller to see if it worked out OK for them.

By the way, if any one is interested, I have a whack of info on installing these units I can send in e-mail form. (too much to post). PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Dan

Last edited by Dang; 09-08-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

dang, I sent you a PM! Thank you!!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast

Hey Dang
I am interested in learning more about this installation process.
My car is Camry hybrid 2009, non NAV, with JBL. I have an E 7011 factory unit but nothing else, ie I am not sure what other pieces are need, like gps receiver, antenna, cables, ...etc
Would you please share your experience with me on this matter
Thanks

Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

PM sent!

I have some pictures, PDFs, etc. for anyone interested.

Thanks!

Dang

Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Dang, would you perhaps share some info with me as well? I have a 2010 Camry hybrid with the JBL system and no NAV. Thanks in advance if you do!

Quick Reply: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands