Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Has anyone else completed this task?

Also, do we need the GPS antenna as well?

08663-00340

Old 06-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Okay guys, my E7011 is on order!

I will be doing a supplemental write up to add to Dan's fantastic contribution.

I will also be installing:

Costal tech lockpick
Backup camera
pac UPAC toy1 ipod interface

The mic adapter US part number is 90980-12404, I will report more US updates as we go along!

-Mike

Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Let me know if you want me to start my own thread.

Anyhow I have

+Steering wheel Y-harness (on order from Canada) ~$45
+Mic connector (on order from Canada) ~$ <10
+5-pin harness on order from ebay seller (Michigan seller) $15
+E7011 from 2007 camry hybrid www.car-parts.com $$$$depends on condition$$$$
+uPac-Toy1 (for iPod connectivity) $110 (I have an extra one of these if anyone wants it $110 shipped)

Also--note that I asked the salvage place to send me a radio harness--which they did and I got a bunch of the small pins that will be needed to easily hook up the energy screens data from the nav to the CAN info.

+lockpick 2 (ordered off eBay - cheaper than costal's site) ~$237
+camera BEC-106 (eclipse) (eBay ~$86)

I know that this build could be cheaper with an Avic or even the aftermarket stock-looking nav's, but I want the stock nav with the energy screens. When I get bored of the screens I'll upgrade to a pioneer or such or go back to stock 6-disc JBL.

Stay tuned, if I get everything in I will be doing the install this coming weekend.

-Mike

Old 06-17-2011, 05:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

5-pin harness (ebay seller toyolexnavspec), lockpick 2, BEC-106 camera, and the mysterious steering wheel y-harness and mic connector HAVE arrived (these two from canada).

I am now only waiting on my GPS antenna!

One note---if you were to install a lockpick 2 and couldn't locate a 5-pin harness, you could spice the wires into the lockpick T-connector...just an fyi. I like 'plug and play' setups.

I'd like to thank Guelph Toyota for shipping me the harness and mic connector from Ontario over to Michigan!!

Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Enthusiast

Hello Dan,

I have got E7011 Navigation unit from ebay.

I have it installed on my Toyota Camry 2007 XLE at Toyota dealer, but they were unable to get AUX and MIC working.

Whats needs to be done?

Regards,
Sandeep

Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

What they neglected to hook up was the CAN data. There are 3 wires that still need to be run. I'm going to be finishing my install this weekend and I might have left over pins.

I'll take a bunch of pictures so you can take them to the dealership to finish up the install.

-Mike

Old 06-23-2011, 03:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Oh wait---you don't have a hybrid?

If you are in the states you need the aux and steering wheel harness as well as the mic connector...I ordered mine from canada.

Dan will send you and email with the info.

What I was talking about in my previous post was for the 'energy screens'...my bad.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I followed Dan's directions and successfully have the energy/consumption screens running.

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast

jetttstream,what is the part number for the aux and steering wheel harness?That's all I need to finish my install.Thanks Robert

Old 07-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hello Trini,

I ordered both from a Toyota dealership in Canada.

C0069-33010-W2 AUX & STEERING

C0069-33010-W3 MIC CONNECTOR

Both worked 100%

Quick Reply: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands