Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Does anyone know if the only differences in the E7011 and E7012 part numbers is the energy screen info? I have seen the part number 86120-33A30 and 86120-06460 that say they are the same unit, but the 06460 has E7012 on the faceplate. I would like to add the OEM nav to my non-nav TCH, but I don't really care if that function works or not. I would like for the other stuff (bluetooth and SW controls to work). I have compared the nav and non-nav electrical diagrams and it appears they are mostly the same. Just curious....

Thanks..

Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

A curiosity question. Why would one want the Toyota factory Navigation? From what I understand only the dealer can update the maps. New maps are available only once a year and cost $170 each time you update.

For that price you can buy a Garmin that has free lifetime updates four times a year. You update it yourself without having to take it to a dealer. And you can move it from vehicle to vehicle including vehicles you may rent. Favorite locations only have to be entered once.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Enthusiast

According to the Toyota sales folks, this can be updated with a DVD and can be done by you. At least that is what they told me when I looked at a car that had nav installed. I specifically asked that question. You can pick these updates online for usually less than 50.00. I do have a portable unit that I do use. The in dash units are bigger and easier to see and also have voice guidance that comes through the audio system. I am getting older and can't see/hear like I used to. I didn't have any issues seeing the factory installed unit.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi BobbyR6....

I've had both models in a hybrid and they work fine.

I'm pretty sure the hybrid version would work in your non-hybrid car. I had that for a while as it took me a bit to figure out which wires to do the hybrid part, so was effectively connected up as if it weren't in a hybrid.

You'd just have that one energy menu that won't show you anything.

....I actually still have my "non-hybrid" nav system around here somewhere.

.....and yes, you can update the maps just by putting in a new DVD that you can get from any dealer, or frankly from other sources.....if you know what I mean.

The integration with the car is great.

Cheers!

Dan

Old 02-28-2013, 05:35 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Dan. I kind of figured that was the case. I do have a hybrid, but don't really care about the energy screen being on the nav unit. Did your car that you put both of these in have nav from the factory? I am assuming that it didn't and you added it?

It appears all of the wiring is the same with the exception of the mic and aux wiring. Do you remember if you had to change those?

I think the IGN, CAN H, CAN L, and the speed and reverse were what are missing on the ones that didn't come with nav.

Thanks again for the info.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi BobbyR6......

In Canada you couldn't order a navigation system (at least at the time). It was a "dealer installed option", but they only installed the non-hybrid version. There was a kit from the Canadian dealers to do this.

For the hybrid nav vs. non-hybrid nav the only difference is the CAN H, CAN L and IGN wires, but you are right. There are a few wires to move if you are going from the standard radio to a nav, and a different adapter to order for the aux and steering wheel harness.

Actually, I still have the "dealer" instructions on how to change from the normal radio to the nav which lists exactly what to do. I will send in a private PM.

Cheers!

Dan

Old 01-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Dan,my name is Joe from Surrey.I am exchanging my radio for a 7024 nav unit for my 2010 tch and I am having problems finding where that black and white wire go[CAN] I can't see anywhere they go.Could you please help me?Joe

Last edited by InjunJoe; 01-14-2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: need more info
Old 01-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Joe....

I'm away from home, but when I'm back on Thursday I'll dig up some pictures to send you.

Cheers!

Dan

Old 01-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks

Old 04-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast

Doing the same upgrade (2011 JBL to JBL w/nav [E7024]) I think I have everything figured out but would appreciate any relevant documents. My biggest question is where to get the CAN signals from. Looks like behind the combination meter might be the best. Also, where to get the IG wire.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands