Go Back  GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Toyota Motor Corporation > Toyota Camry Hybrid
Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry >

Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Old 04-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Hi Lonewolf,I just tapped into behind the nav unit where you will see 3 black and white plug in wires in a row,just tap your black and white wires up to one of them.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Hi there,

I have a Canadian 2007 Camry Hybrid with a JBL non-nav unit that I would like to upgrade with either hybrid nav (E7011) or non-hybrid nav (E7012). I am not an electronic genius and prefer the easiest option (ie avoid splicing wires) like plug & play instead of plug & pray. Nice to have the energy screens if possible. Can someone kindly PM me the step by step instructions and parts list if (ie antenna) you have it handy. I located a separate thread that provides information on how hook up the backup camera. I will PM Dan G as he seems to guru with upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry for reviving such an old thread. I have a 07 TCH with JBL. Do I need anything besides the 7011 Nav unit? The 3 required cables are at the back or do I need to buy anything else? I have a message out to a couple of people who were able to add nav and wanted to post here as well.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:19 AM
Enthusiast

@Dan, if you see this, could you please PM with the instructions on getting the ignition sense wire hooked up in order for thw energy monitor to come on. I do have the E7011 wired up. I got the aux working as well, wires needed to be separated from the old in dash 6 disc changer's harness.
For the Can bus h and l wires, I tapped into the yaw rate sensor after studying the diagrams carefully. I believe I'm just missing that 3rd wire. Thanks in advance.