Adjust timer on lights off

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Adjust timer on lights off

I leave the headlights set to AUTO, so the lights stay on (for approximately 20 seconds) when I lock the car.
I typically keep my keys in a zipped up in a pocket (I lock the car by pressing the lock button on either the inside or outside door handle lock buttons), so using the key to lock the door (and override the light timer) isn't always practicle.
Is there any way to set the time for lights to shut off to a shorter time (~5 seconds)?
I never feel comfortable that I properly shut the car down until I see the lights go off.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:35 AM
tjq
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adjust timer on lights off

My method varies a bit from yours. Always run with lights fully on. After stopping to get out, open door and hit lock button. After leaving the TCH, hit the lock button on the fob (while in my pocket). Figure it saves 10 seconds on the battery.

tjq

Old 12-20-2007, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by tjq
...After leaving the TCH, hit the lock button on the fob (while in my pocket)....
Sure, if the fob is accessible, but I keep it in a pocket that is zipped shut and if it's cold and wearing gloves or carrying something, it isn't a good option. I don't mind seeing the lights go from on to off, since it tells me I did it correctly. I'd prefer a shorter time frame.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:28 AM

According to the iguide, the delay time can be set to any of 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds, or 0. The default is apparently 30 (although mine seems longer - I have to time it).

Old 12-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast

I'm not positive, but I believe I read that the dealer needs to program the change. So if you're going to take it in for that, look at the other things that can be changed ( all doors unlocked when you touch the driver's side handle, etc...) so that you have it customized to your liking all at once.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by To D Lake
I'm not positive, but I believe I read that the dealer needs to program the change. So if you're going to take it in for that, look at the other things that can be changed ( all doors unlocked when you touch the driver's side handle, etc...) so that you have it customized to your liking all at once.
Yes this is true. The dealer must make this change. The second change (unlocking all doors by touch of handle) is something we can do. There are instructions in the iguide or the user's guide.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:51 AM

Thanks!
I saw that this was a 'dealer' modification, but wondered if any of the tinkerers here knew how to do it (...turn car on, put in neutral, open glove compartment, turn wiper on, put A/C on recirculate and hold the map light button for seven seconds to adjust the light timer)

Last edited by haroldo; 12-21-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

If the manual says the dealer has to do it, they have a box they hook to the car to do it. And on that last one you forgot "rub your belly clockwise while patting your head every quarter second..."

Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jay_man2
If the manual says the dealer has to do it, they have a box they hook to the car to do it. And on that last one you forgot "rub your belly clockwise while patting your head every quarter second..."
Whew................ I had it going until that belly head thingy......

Old 12-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by To D Lake

I changed it to "ALL UNLOCK" by myself. Forgot the details, but it's in the manual.

Quick Reply: Adjust timer on lights off

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands