Anxiously Waiting

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Anxiously Waiting

I've just made my Camry Hybrid purchase last night! I was looking at them for the past several months, and now that I've finally sold my old car, bit the bullet. I called a half-dozen dealerships trying to find one that could get me one soonest. Everyone was saying minimum two month wait. Finally found one that snagged a car that will be ready in 2-3 weeks (build date May 25). I don't know if I'll survive that long...

Randy

Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anxiously Waiting

The dealership in Richmod, KY (Toyota South) has about three TCH's and several Priuses sitting on the lot. I didn't know people were still waiting.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Enthusiast

Congrats, Randy. Where do you live? In the Bay Area they are pretty much "on the lot". We bought a Nav Jasper Pearl on Sunday and picked it up Monday.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 AM

I'm up in the Great White North - Ottawa, Canada. There seems to be a widespread shortage in Canada, since the federal gov't recently introduced a tax rebate. We've had a provincial one in Ontario for a couple of years, but the federal one is new.

--Has anyone seen my car? It hasn't come home yet.--

Randy

Old 05-17-2007, 01:39 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Here in SE, NE, my tch arrived in 3 days after signing papers. Will also add chose metalic gray, no nav, no moonroof or leather. Probably depends on area you live, color, options wanted as to length of time to wait for your tch.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:35 PM

I ordered the B package, with NAV, Security System, and of course Block Heater (temps do go down as low as -30C (-22F)). I was told that the options won't impact the delivery time as they only take a day or two to install, and if something is back-ordered (ie. NAV), I can get the car anyway and bring it in again when the option is there.
I would have had to wait longer if I was fussy about color, but when I heard there was a Titanium available in three weeks, I decided I liked Titanium. <I was originally hoping for Jasper Pearl>.

Not sure how much longer I can hold out - it's been almost 24 hours already.

Randy

Old 05-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DonH
Congrats, Randy. Where do you live? In the Bay Area they are pretty much "on the lot". We bought a Nav Jasper Pearl on Sunday and picked it up Monday.

Wow! Nice choice! I bought a Nav Jasper Pearl last Sat! They had only one in the Bay Area, in Burlingame, so my dealer in San Jose went up and picked it up for me!

They had about 15 sitting on the lot, and I must have watched them sell 12 Prius, 3 Camry's, and a Hybrid Highlander while I sat there waiting...they are running off the lot, but there are a bunch in every color (except Jasper Pearl!).

Old 05-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trishl
Wow! Nice choice! I bought a Nav Jasper Pearl last Sat! They had only one in the Bay Area, in Burlingame, so my dealer in San Jose went up and picked it up for me!

They had about 15 sitting on the lot, and I must have watched them sell 12 Prius, 3 Camry's, and a Hybrid Highlander while I sat there waiting...they are running off the lot, but there are a bunch in every color (except Jasper Pearl!).

Good for you. Our dealer in Sunnyvale also had a lot of TCHs. The salesman took us to an offsite lot that had over 30 of them including a couple of Jasper Pearl w/o Nav. Took a little looking to find us one at a dealer w/Nav but w/o a spoiler but they did it for us.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I ordered the B package, with NAV, Security System, and of course Block Heater (temps do go down as low as -30C (-22F)). I was told that the options won't impact the delivery time as they only take a day or two to install, and if something is back-ordered (ie. NAV), I can get the car anyway and bring it in again when the option is there.
I would have had to wait longer if I was fussy about color, but when I heard there was a Titanium available in three weeks, I decided I liked Titanium. <I was originally hoping for Jasper Pearl>.

Not sure how much longer I can hold out - it's been almost 24 hours already.

Randy
Does it ever warm up there in your neck of the woods? Hybrids get much better FE in warmer weather. Also good move going with Titanium. JP is the brunt of many jokes at my dealership.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

congrats on the purchase...you will enjoy the car.

Quick Reply: Anxiously Waiting

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands