Any grid charger that can do Camry and Ford Fusion?

Old 06-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Any grid charger that can do Camry and Ford Fusion?

I'm seriously considering a grid charger to recondition my Camry's battery pack (I've replaced 3 modules so far and assume they won't be the last). My son has a '10 FFH and due to the large investment in the charger, I'd like it to work with both of our cars (I know I'll have to purchase a second harness), but so far I haven't seen any grid chargers that specifically mention the Fusion.

Anyone know if this possible?

Last edited by swechsler; 06-17-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Any grid charger that can do Camry and Ford Fusion?

It's possible. They are only about 30V off on their nominal voltage, and most grid chargers allow for a pretty wide voltage swing. The HA charger for the Highlander would almost certainly work given their nominal voltages.

I know of no grid chargers that support Fords. Ford battery failures seem to be few and far between due to their robust cooling systems. When it comes time to replace the pack, there are a plethora of cheap packs available from salvage yards.