Anybody Here traded-in their 2007 Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Anybody Here traded-in their 2007 Camry Hybrid

I'm in the process of ordering a loaded 2012 XLE. So far were $900 over invoice. My real worry is they have not evaluated my 2007 Camry Hybrid as yet. I been dragging my feet on that as I need to have a touch-up done between the hood and front bumper. I backed up once and forgot to unplug the block heater. The heavy duty extension cord slightly wrinkled a 2" wide area in the very top of the plastic bumper. It's very noticeable when the hood is closed. I plan on having a body shop to do the repair.

Kelly blue book shows $15000 if excellent in ever way. Believe me at 37000 miles and almost new michelin tires it's well worth 15K for a trade-in.

I'm curious if anybody here had traded their '07 Camry hybrid and if so how much did they get for it. I should mention, my wife is against strangers coming to our house to do a test drive of our car. I'm at the mercy of the sales manager and their evaluation of my trade-in.

I also got to test drive a 2012 XLE today. I could not get over slightly straining the engine on a slight hill at a steady speed, then giving it more gas. Like zip, it took right off, no delay at all and with 3 people in the car. What a difference the lighter body is and the more powerful engine makes. Just think this one was not near broke in and had only 20 miles on the meter.

I was also impressed to see the 3 new push buttons on the front flat console area. EV_Pwr_EV Mode. I think 'EV' tends to hold it in the electric only. The EV Mode, engine-EV Drive, same as the Camry hybrid I now own. The Pwr button is to place the drive more to the engine only for more power. I'm looking forward to seeing if the EV button will help me hold it in 'full electric' while climbing a slight hill for up to a mile or more.

Jimmy

Last edited by rburt07; 03-03-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Default Re: Anybody Here traded-in their 2007 Camry Hybrid

not sure why you even bother to go through dealers, but that's your choice.
They average much more than 15K private buy or dealers.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/search...inAsk=&maxAsk=
unfathomed to me. you let them have you once on trade in and then 2nd time on buying a new vehicle.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08

You might get a better deal at CarMax or similar.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by jpezz
You might get a better deal at CarMax or similar.
I will try others once I get it appraised at the toyota dealer. It's been very windy and chilly outside lately. Today it was warm at 77 deg with little wind. I emptied the car out and cleaned the interior, body and wheels today. I hope to have time from my doctor appointment to have it appraised. My wife and I are day sleepers so it shortens our daylight time down to 5 hours. I will judge from the dealers appraisal, to contact any other large buyers. I would loose any trade difference although the sales manger said, by buying a hybrid in this state, I would only have to pay half the tax. Although I have not confirmed what he said.

Last edited by rburt07; 03-06-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 camry hybrid strange part

I was in my garage the other day and find a styrange part (pictures attached) under my 2007 camry hybrid. Has anyone ever seen such a thing?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
item1.jpg (420.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg
item2.jpg (428.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 AM

Ok on trading in any car. I used Copart auction to find the auction price for my car for free. Believe me it was exactly what the sales mgr. quoted us on the trade for the '12 XLE hybrid. I did get him to add only $300 to his quoted low trade-in price.

I used to think they used sites like kbb.com/ (kelly blue book) but no, they use the auction sites. That way if the car sells, they make a nice profit. If it don't it goes to auction so they can get their money back.

I got a decent price on the '12 model but the mgr. would only quote price off of MSRP. I could tell he was very negative on any pricing above invoice. Kept saying he was making only so much (hundreds) on the car. I never mentioned his nice holdback fee which was full as the car was ordered and just arrive the day before. Not only that the cost the dealer pays for the car is even below the hold back fee. The dealer gets a commission on how many Camry's they sell that month, and again the total at the end of the year.

I think I have my wife convinced how we could have came out much better by selling out use car ourselves.

You can see the auction price here. Prepare for a shock..

http://www.copart.com/c2/copart_home_page.html

Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by rburt07

You can see the auction price here. Prepare for a shock..

http://www.copart.com/c2/copart_home_page.html
did you go through all of this just to link us to that site? ain't cool, brother.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:04 PM

Whatever, sometimes I screw up. I tested the address once in a different browser and it opened to the price. Then after posting I thought that same address, might know it opens to their home page.

By the way that auction price for the '07 TCH was only $13650. The sales manger looked it up and cut it down to $13500. I could only get him up to $13800 or no deal. My last trade, I think after this the wife might be more interested selling our used cars to a individual. That may be 4 or 5 years from now.

Last edited by rburt07; 04-24-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM

why you din't just say so? it awfully looked like sales pitch.
anyhow. they get you twice - once on what you buy and once on what you trade. hassle it is, but I always sell on craiglslist. yes, do deal with idiots, but I am 6'5''/275 well built, so it's not that much of hassle. more of fun.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Try this - get a bid from your dealer or "Carmax" or whatever. Increase that amount by $500 to $1,000 and run an ad in your local paper or Craig’s List and see what happens. In California it is simple to sign your pink slip over to a buyer - just be sure to complete a transfer form and send it to the DMV plus make sure the form of payment is legitimate - preferably cash.

Quick Reply: Anybody Here traded-in their 2007 Camry Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands