Anybody Here traded-in their 2007 Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anybody Here traded-in their 2007 Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by KenSoren
Try this - get a bid from your dealer or "Carmax" or whatever. Increase that amount by $500 to $1,000 and run an ad in your local paper or Craig’s List and see what happens. In California it is simple to sign your pink slip over to a buyer - just be sure to complete a transfer form and send it to the DMV plus make sure the form of payment is legitimate - preferably cash.
I did call Carmax which is 200 miles north of our city. They offered $11500 if it's clean and ran good. They didn't seem to concerned of it's having low miles.

The trade was aligned with the auction sites like Copart which was only $13650. We talked him up to around $14000 which to me was giving the car away. I could have easily got $17000 or more if my stubborn wife would let me listed it in the Crags list. She didn't want people coming to our small country home to test drive the car. We took a soaking, but now her sitting and dealing with me and the sales manger, sees we lost lots of money on the trade. We did get to add about $485 on the tax savings difference which was a slight bonus of us trading.

I used to always buy my American cars at invoice. Once I switched to Toyota I lost that and are usually $800 to MSRP just to buy one. Toyota's do have a good resale if you don't trade it in, lesson learned..