Anyone know where I can buy the cabling for a Hybrid Nav system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone know where I can buy the cabling for a Hybrid Nav system?

I found a Hybrid Nav unit, but am looking for the cables for it, so that I can get it installed. ANyone know where I can find the cables?

Old 04-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone know where I can buy the cabling for a Hybrid Nav system?

Anyone? What are part numbers of the wires needed?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi,
I did the retrofit into my 07 Camry and there are no cables you can buy. If you have the JBL system in your camry, you are set. However, you have to remove pins from the old harness and put it into a plug that goes to the Nav in order to get steering wheel controls and voice command to work. To get the Hybrid portion working, you HAVE to splice into the IGN, CANH, and CANL wires if I recall. Additionally, you have to route those wires to the connector where you relocated the mic and steering wheel controls to. This is a very involved process and took me countless hours to get it working right.
Looking back, I would have never bought my camry without Nav if I wanted it later down the road. The initial expense is worth it in order to get the fully functioning navigation (OEM) with hybrid screens working.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ptung07
Hi,
I did the retrofit into my 07 Camry and there are no cables you can buy. If you have the JBL system in your camry, you are set. However, you have to remove pins from the old harness and put it into a plug that goes to the Nav in order to get steering wheel controls and voice command to work. To get the Hybrid portion working, you HAVE to splice into the IGN, CANH, and CANL wires if I recall. Additionally, you have to route those wires to the connector where you relocated the mic and steering wheel controls to. This is a very involved process and took me countless hours to get it working right.
Looking back, I would have never bought my camry without Nav if I wanted it later down the road. The initial expense is worth it in order to get the fully functioning navigation (OEM) with hybrid screens working.

LOL... I wonder if you live close by... if I can bring my car to you?

Also.. I do have a serious question... Was the Navigation Antennae already there?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:58 PM
DBS
Enthusiast

I have found several used units on ebay but they say except hybrids. Is there a difference and what should I be looking for in a used unit? Thanks in advance for your help!

Don

Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Depending on your level of desperation and technical expertise, you may want to talk to this guy.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ny-help-21609/

Assuming you're anywhere near, it's a nav type Camry, and you want to take the risk......

It could be an Adventure.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RadioTek
Depending on your level of desperation and technical expertise, you may want to talk to this guy.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ny-help-21609/

Assuming you're anywhere near, it's a nav type Camry, and you want to take the risk......

It could be an Adventure.

Thanks, I sent him a PM and an E-mail