Audio Amplifier Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default Audio Amplifier Location

Does any one know where the oem amp is located? I would like to change it out with the JBL 6x9s to give a cleaner sound.

Over the weekend I dynamated the car. One big difference between the Camry and ES330 is definatly the amount of sound damppening padding they use on the vehicles.

I recently changed all the bulbs on the car to a bit more efficient PIAA bulbs, which gives of a cleaner, brighter white look. Looks a lot better now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast
Wink Re: Audio Amplifier Location

Contacted Longo Toyota (El Monte Ca.) and the told me its a single amp under the passenger front seat. He stated that I can easily replace the amp with a new unit, but it would require new speaker cables to be ran to each new speaker.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: Audio Amplifier Location

Originally Posted by RESE
Over the weekend I dynamated the car. One big difference between the Camry and ES330 is definatly the amount of sound damppening padding they use on the vehicles.
Where did you put the dynamat?

How much did it help to reduce road and wind noise?

Old 01-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Enthusiast

I added 2 layers on each door, 2 layers on the floor and as high as I could get running up the firewall.

It help a ton. The TCH has a very noisy and squeaky unrefined ride, after the dynamat it sounds like a non hybrid.... not as quiet as a BMW but a lot better.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I must be driving a different car. I think the TCH is quiet with no wind noise. It does have a squeak and rattle every now and then, but that comes from the inside and dynomats would not help that. I also think the radio is great. You must be very picky.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Enthusiast

Does any one know where the oem amp is located? I would like to change it out with the JBL 6x9s to give a cleaner sound.

I recently changed all the bulbs on the car to a bit more efficient PIAA bulbs, which gives of a cleaner, brighter white look. Looks a lot better now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
After reading your post, I've become interested in some of these mods, especially the dynamat. Did you install the dynamat yourself? Do you have any pics? How much did it cost? At the end of the day, do you think it was worthwhile? Would you do it again?

Old 01-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
I must be driving a different car. I think the TCH is quiet with no wind noise. It does have a squeak and rattle every now and then, but that comes from the inside and dynomats would not help that. I also think the radio is great. You must be very picky.

Picky.... yes. I've be a Sr Engineer with TMS (Toyota Motor Sales, USA) in Torrance for over 9 years. I've been in every car Toyota, Lexus and Scion have made since. Prior to Toyota I drove BMWs, so picky .... ahhh maybe.... knowing what I'm talking about.... for sure!

Old 01-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Picky.... yes. I've be a Sr Engineer with TMS (Toyota Motor Sales, USA) in Torrance for over 9 years. I've been in every car Toyota, Lexus and Scion have made since. Prior to Toyota I drove BMWs, so picky .... ahhh maybe.... knowing what I'm talking about.... for sure!
That's interesting! Tell me more about what you do.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Dazed and Confused

What kind of weight did it add to the car, and how much disassembly did you do to get the dynamat installed.

i would like to do it, but don't want to add too much weight nor have to take half the interior out to put it in.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

I agree the 2007 TCH has a very quiet interior and the OEM JBL is more than enough and I enjoy Andrea Boccelli's CDs so much... no issues so far (except the cricket noise that does not bother me much) ... what an awesome vehicle the 2007 TCH is, no need to modify anything.