Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   audio bluetooth system outgoing call voluume fix (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/audio-bluetooth-system-outgoing-call-voluume-fix-21532/)

duanerw 04-17-2009 05:04 AM

audio bluetooth system outgoing call volume fix

on march 24th 2009 a new fix for outgoing volume and distorted calls.This is for none nav.
t-sb-0097-09.
Must be completed within 15 seconds.
turn radio off
turn ignition off
turn ignition on and immeditely start pressing off hook on the steering wheel till display says not linked or phone message.
immediately press volume controls on steering wheel vol up and vol down three times.
press the tune knob on radio once.should read vol type
turn the tune knob on the radio until the display reads send volume then press tune knob.
NOTE>>> only choose send volume,modifying other settings may cause poor performance of the bluetooth system
if outgoing call volume is too low turn the volume knob to the right to increase outgoing call volume. +3 of +4 are reccommended....
If distorted or clipping sound in the outgoing callvolume decrease outgoing volume -2 or -3 are reccommended.

duanerw 04-17-2009 05:28 AM

Re: audio bluetooth system outgoing call volume fix

The problem i have had is not with volume but everyone would say use your cell phone not your radio.I was distorted most of the time.
i had same with the 07 and also with the replacement radio.Had same with the 08 and now with the 09.
The factory rep came out yesterday and replaced the radio for me as i was also loosing am.I had to turn radio off and back on to get am.this didnt happen ofter but did happen.
He spent almost three hours checking everything on the car and it all checked out fine.
I believe the company that makes the radio has a problem.
sure hope this takes care of the problem.I havnt tried it yet with bluetooth.
good luck

jsdugan 04-17-2009 08:57 PM

Re: audio bluetooth system outgoing call voluume fix

I have tried your method, because I am curious of what mine is set on. I haven't had it work yet! Press the ignition switch once, correct? Press volume up on the steering wheel three times, and then the volume down on the steering wheel three times? Then press the tune knob (far right passenger side dial) - and it should read vol type? Every time, I press the tune dial, and it will go straight to phonebook (I believe). Did you catch anything that I am doing wrong here? Thank you for the insider tips.

jsdugan 04-18-2009 12:52 PM

I figured it out! Volume up button press, volume down button press, volume up button press, volume down button press, volume up button press, volume down button press. (3 times each, alternating, starting with the volume up button on the steering wheel.)

duanerw 04-19-2009 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Im trying to attach tsb.first time so i hope its here.this may help us.I havnt tried it yet.The toyota factory rep.replaced my radio and so far the bluetooth works fine with default settings.
In talking with the rep. we both agreed that many times bluetooth sucks with all cars.After having three cars with bluetooth i know what he means.Most of the time people tell me i am breaking up bad but volume is loud enough.I hope this will fix our problems.

talljetman2 04-26-2009 02:03 AM

Alright finally a fix for us non-nav TCH owners. I just tried this method 4 times and haven't gotten it to work yet. I got to the 'press volume up - down x3' part, but after the 3rd time through pressing them in the order of UP then DOWN, the main menu came up and said 'Phonebook'. Do I have to start pressing the volume buttons the Very Instant it says 'Not Connected' or maybe even slightly before it says that? Ah... My phone is linked to the system.. and it was in my pocket. Maybe that was the problem.. I shall see..

talljetman2 04-26-2009 02:17 AM

Got it to work! Left my phone inside my house while fixing this send volume option in the TCH. Did the volume part and then it said 'Phone' .. pressed the tune button and found what I was looking for. The send volume Was set to '0', but I put it up to '3', so now, Hopefully, I won't have to keep my drives interesting by putting my head right next to the mic and yelling into it. Will post an update on how well this works out.

spgdxb 05-01-2009 11:39 AM

How do you fix it if you have a NAV? I have tried to go into the settings without any luck. Maybe I didn't do it right!

tharvey 05-02-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by spgdxb (Post 202350)
How do you fix it if you have a NAV? I have tried to go into the settings without any luck. Maybe I didn't do it right!

Had this problem and with others managed to find the solution.

Sit in car with engine off, foot off brake and press ignition button twice.
Hold down info button and turn headlight switch quickly from off to on and back several times.
After a couple of times 3-4 you will go into a service mode
Select microphone and then use arrows to go from 0 to 2
Then exit screen by foot on brake and start car and test.

I have done several some work well on 2 and unfortunately some needed 4 or even 5 to be clearly heard.

This appears only to be a problem with the 3g
It will proably be fixed in system for 3.0 in the early summer.

Good luck

Tim from Delta

duanerw 05-03-2009 08:45 AM

I had thought with the new radio everything would be fine without making changes but the day before Yesterday i was again told to use my phone cuz i was breaking up bad.
after three attempts i was able to get into the the system and changed it to - 3 and so far im told it isnt breaking up anymore.