Auxiliary input Sirius and Iphone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Auxiliary input Sirius and Iphone?

I have an auxiliary input cable that splits into 2 inputs that I tried connecting as I have a Sirius receiver and I also wanted to connect an Iphone. With both connected to aux input at same time, the volume and sound quality of Sirius was poor. Is there a way to do this? I wanted to be able to switch between the 2 without having to disconnect one or the other.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auxiliary input Sirius and Iphone?

From further reading it looks like I need some kind of A/v switch to be able to switch back and forth.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

"Double terminating" the outputs with the "Y" cable will mismatch the audio output impedances. This will give you 'crappy sounding audio'. You should put a switch in to select either one or the other input to the jack. There is also the possibility of damaging the equipment; a small possibility, but possible nonetheless. You might be able to find something at a Radio Shack.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Enthusiast

The OEM Toyota iPod Interface is not compatible with the OEM Toyota SAT interface as you have found out. The best solution is to buy a better and cheaper third part iPod interface which plugs into your radio's CD changer input, not SAT input, therefore doesn't interfere. You still can use your built-in CD changer in addition to the virtual iPod CD changer (which still allows you to navigate by song, album, artist, or playlist). There are two I'm researching. One is the Neo Prolink PODTOYSL2I. Note, if you need iPhone 3G charging, there is a link at the bottom to the PODTOYSL2I-UP. These are available for as little as $209 if you search online. VAIS Technology also has a similar if not identical devices, the SL2I and SL2I-UP (same model numbers so I assume they are made by the same manufacturer). The VAIS appears to have better support than Neo, with support forums and the ability to upgrade the firmware via a USB key (sold separately). Also, there are several posts on Toyota forums reporting success with the VAIS device if you search the internets.

Last edited by ruc2827; 11-30-2008 at 10:54 PM.